Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox Database Management Issue

Hi Guys,

I recently deleted all my songs off my macbook (due to storage) - got a new external western digital hard drive (1tb) and transferred all of songs onto there.

Im now looking to set the database management on rekordbox through the external hard drive instead of the macbook.
But when trying to change the location of the database it will not let me change the destination to my external hard drive or anything else, i can't even click on it so can't import all songs through to rekordbox from my External hard drive.

Please help.

Tom Stoke Hall

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

19件のコメント

@Tom > What is the disk format you partitioned the drive to?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi mate I'm not sure what you mean here. I had all my tunes on my MacBook but it ran out of storage. I then bought a western digital 1Tb external hard drive, made all my folders again on the hard drive and deleted all the songs off my MacBook and ITunes as I had no space. wjen I go to chance the database management it's just grey'd out so I can't pick another location

Tom Stoke Hall 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Tom > When you formatted the external drive, what was the file format (FAT32, NTFS, ExFAT, HFS+)?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think I forgot to format it and just put my
Music on it lol

Tom Stoke Hall 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah, that could be a problem - click on the drive in your finder, press Command+i and get the info panel open. Under the General section it will tell you the format.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It says Mac OS - so assuming I haven't formatted it right. If I format it now will I lose my songs and folders I've created on there?

Tom Stoke Hall 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

i'm having the same problem, my drive is formatted as Mac OS extended. what format should it be in so it can work properly?

Rayan Wehbe 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You can use HFS+, I do. Have you made sure you're in EXPORT mode and that the drive is Master Boot Record enabled.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thank you for your help. worked perfectly. 

Rayan Wehbe 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Awesome - glad you got it working! Thanks for writing back.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi All,

Some clarification before I attempt major changes.

So what you are saying here is that in order to be able to get Rekordbox to be able to see my second drive (which is also in Mac OS extended) which currently cannot when I press the 'Move Database'. (that is... it cant be pressed, nothing happens),

I have to:

- reformat the second drive in HFS+ with Master Boot Record enabled; and

- something about Export Mode being 'enabled' ?

I couldn't find that anywhere in the manual for REKORDBOX so I also need to clarify what you mean exactly.

I've spent 6 hours of my life on this so far and have gigs coming up so clarity on it sooner rather than later would be super helpful!

Lynchun 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

But I just google up on HFS+ and it says it is the same as MAC OS Extended which mine currently already is. Is there something else I need to do here so that Rekorbox recognises my drive, currently the button "Move Database" just doesn't work

Lynchun 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Lynchun > Is that second drive mounted in the optical bay?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for your timely responses btw :) It is installed inside my MAcbook where my CD drive used to be (like a lot of people do with older Macbooks - this one is a 2012), so actually its not outboard but internal - at the same time it is drive number 2 -  my Mac OS runs off the first SSD and all my data is on the 2nd SSD.

Lynchun 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Lunchun > Right, the optical bay.

Unfortunately there is an issue with how the OS mounts hard drives that are connected via the optical bay, and as a result, they can't be shown within rekordbox.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Wow, never experienced that with any other software, ok my music collection goes back on my OS Drive or no go with Rekordbox, thanks for clarifying 

Lynchun 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah, it's something to do with how the software and OS index the drives. What you might be able to do, and I haven't tested this as I don't have one in my optical drive, would be to create a symlink folder on your main drive pointing to the 2nd drive. It's possible that could then allow the files to be accessed by rekordbox. It's not a difficult thing to do and wouldn't cause any damage or problems to the existing content or rekordbox.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink