Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

Information Screen Won't Show Big Waveform on XDJ-1000

Hello all, recently bought 2 XDJ-1000s.  When I play a track using USB Stick, the big waveform does not show up.  I've updated the firmware to the newest verison (1.05).

I've formatted my USB to FAT on my Mac. 

I've downloaded Rekordbox on my Mac and Analyzed the tracks and then dragged them into USB Stick. 

I've plugged USB into both decks and it's the same deal. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

James

James Stokke

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

11件のコメント

Have you Export the Tracks in rekordbox? 

Just copy the Tracks from the harddrive won't work!  You have to export it with rekordbox.

Stefan Linke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi, I have sent all my tracks to Rekordbox, analyzed each track.  From that point, I copied the tracks from my Rekordbox program, running and dragged them on the USB Stick.  Is there something I am doing wrong?

The only other thing I notice, the Needle Lock appears to be on...on both decks.   Does anyone know how to turn the Needle Lock off on XDJ-1000?

James Stokke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Did you copy/send the track in rekordbox to the USB? You can do it by right click on the Tracks or Playlist and select "track export" and select your USB drive.

If you drag the Tracks from rekordbox to a seperate File Explorer it won't copy the nessesary files, just the mp3 files alone.

To disable needle lock and search the track with your Finger, press play and then pause the track again, or, if you in Vinyl Mode, play the track and hold down the platter.

Needle lock is always on, you can't disable it by default.

Stefan Linke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I'll try to export technique and see if they helps any. 

2nd question, would the type of mixer I'm using have an effect on the big waveforms on the touchscreens?  I'm currently using a Pioneer DJM-800 Mixer, which doesn't seem to be supported by Rekordbox. 

I'm new to DJing/Mixing, I've only been on the production side of electronic music.  So this is all new to me. 

James Stokke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

No, with a rekordbox ready mixer you only have a few extra features like quantized effects on the mixer or "on air display" on the players. (It shows you that the player is "on air" when the channel fader on the mixer is up)

Try to read the manual of the XDJ and also the dedicated rekordbox manual for more infos about creating playlists and exporting them.

Stefan Linke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok, I am not able to export track using right click method...it just doesn't even allow me to.  Help..

James Stokke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hm, if i performe a right click on a single, analyzed track, a window pops up, from here i can select "Export Track".

Stefan Linke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I've solved the issue.  Thank you all for the help.  The reason is because I was in "Professional" mode and not "Export" mode on Rekordbox.  They offer two different types of software packages.  The Export mode is free and simply allows you to manage your music files.  Thank you all for the help.

James Stokke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Great tip on changing from "Prof" to "export" mode

Billy Johnston 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

firstly, make sure you download the free music manager Rekordbox...there are 2 different downloads available.  You can download both, but you need the music manager portion to export.   After you download that, there should be a drop down button in the top left area of the main Rekordbox screen that shows "professional or export"...just flip it to export, make sure all tracks are analyzed.  Put USB stick in, highlight all tracks you'd like to export, then right click and hit export to USB.

James Stokke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@James > All versions of rekordbox have export mode and they are free.  Rekordbox DJ is a Plus Pack.  It's essentially a plug-in that give you the option to switch between Performance Mode and Export Mode.  

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink