Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

XDJ - RX Crash Midway through night

Hi,

On Saturday night at work mid way through and I got the spiral waiting circle when importing a new track into deck B on my MBP. Then in turn it wouldn't allow me to do anything in Rekordbox or on the x-dj rx including switch to a memory stick to play a track from there.

I had to stop all the music and restart Rekordbox and the XDJ-RX (Bit embarrassing im not gonna lie).

I Don't know what to do to find out what happened, its never happened before and im a little concerned it might of been something ive done?

Kinda looking for some advice ive put as much info below as I can.

Running :

Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.2 / 500gb SSD 16GB Ram 2.4ghz I5

Rekordbox - 3.2.1 rev.3231-4360

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stevie

Stevie Tee

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

11件のコメント

@Stevie > Sorry to hear that, always a pain when you kill the dancefloor through no fault of your own.

I presume you were using the RX through the Pro DJ link to load tracks to the player. Do you remember which track in particular it was you tried to load when the crash occurred? Have you been able to load that same track again?

Did you have your wifi enabled at the time?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah I use the ProLink.

Yeah but im thinking back and I cant remember if it was when i put another song into the other deck whilst this was playing or whether it was this one which caused the loading circle. The song that was playing whilst it was circling still plays fine now and ive played it on many occasions with no probs.

I never use wifi or bluetooth on my MBP at work its literally only used for Rekordbox.

Sorry if im a bit vague just trying to avoid it happening again and racking my brain to think if it was when i loaded another track or whether it was just whilst playing this one.

Stevie Tee 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Stevie > Roughly how long had you been playing at the time the freeze occurred?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Can I ask if you've considered updating to rekordbox 4.x?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah, ive thought about it but im a little hesitant. The reason being is im still new to this - bought some cdj 900 nexus - got tired of carrying them round with mixer and cd's, bought this to make it easier to some of the gigs i play. Ive only just moved from cds and im concerned that if i update it will give me these kind of problems? I dont mind paying but its literally for my music library dont want to use the dj part of rekordbox 4/dj

Stevie Tee 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You can use rekordbox 4 without using the performance side of it ... and you could also install both versions on your computer simultaneously for testing purposes (simply rename the existing rekordbox folder to rekordbox 3 before downloading/installing rekordbox 4 manually from the website). No changes would be made to the database that would prevent you from loading back up into rekordbox 3.

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Brilliant, thanks, i guess ill have to just give it a go.

Gonna re-format mbp reinstall library etc.

Can i just ask what is the best kind of Lan cable to connect for the ProLink feature?

Is there a difference incase its that that caused the problem?

Thanks for the help Pulse!

Stevie Tee 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Interesting that you ask that -- I was reading an article the other day saying that most CAT6 cables barely qualify as CAT5e, never mind the fact they're marked and sold as CAT6. Realistically, any CAT5e cable should do, but I'm not sure that was the issue.

What firmware version are you running on the RX?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Im not gonna lie mate - im not even sure ill have a look and get back to you tonight if thats ok?

Stevie Tee 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink