Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

I have made a big mistake and need help please

My Entire music collection is on an external (4TB) hard drive (Master Drive).

I set hot cues on my entire collection (700+ Tracks) and the i exported them to another, more portable (1TB) hard drive that use for dj'ing purposes. 

A little while back i decided to wipe my computer, and reinstalled the programs that i needed i.e Rekordbox.

When i loaded my library back into rekordbox from my master drive (4TB), the hot cues no longer show on rekorbox, but when i plug in my portable hard drive (1TB) they are visible on that drive.

Is there some way i can copy the cue points back over to the master drive from my portable drive?

I really don't want to have to go through 700+ tracks redoing them all again if i can help it.

I am running Mac OSX 10.11.4

Thanks In advance for any help.

Matt.

Matthew Cornwell 回答済み

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

try with sync manager.plug both hhd.use 4tb to your collection and try to sync playlist cues ect from 1tb hhd :D if you understand how i say :D

Nikos Toufexis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Nikos, I have since spoken to pioneer directly on the telephone, and they told me it cannot be done. I have to set them all again unfortunately. Thanks for taking the time to try and help though.

Matthew Cornwell 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

As long as you have the proper .xml file still with the cue points from the original collction then it should be possible. If you deleted or wrote over this file than you are SOL :(

Also curious why a 4 TB or even 1 TB drive would be necessary for 700 tracks which can fit on a 4 GB thumb drive in most cases.

Deejay Dave 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Looks like I'm screwed then mate. Just out of curiosity, where is the xml file stored?

The reason I have a 4tb hard drive is because I use it for my main backup for everything on my mac, I also use a 1tb portable hard drive because I only use lossless file formats such as Wav and aif , which take up more space.

Matthew Cornwell 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You may be screwed as you would have had to create the .XML file by using the "export collection" function. I kind of assumed you did as I personally would not dare do any library moving without a backup and a backup of the backup.

This is how I always get my .xml files which I need because I use Rekord Buddy and it saves them to "my documents" if I am not mistaken this is the only way to have the .xml file

I figured you were using lossless but I would still suggest maybe going with a 64 GB (or 128) thumb drive. Even at lossless you are looking at less than 50 GB if I am not mistaken. I have 1,100+ .stem file collection on its own HDD and even this comes in at under 60 GB.

Not being a prick or attempting to undermine you but USB thumb drives (flash drive) are much more reliable and make much more sense for small collections like these. Just one less problem to think about:)

Deejay Dave 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I take no offence to your comments Dave, in fact I am greatful for your help and advice.

I do have my entire collection on yet another hard drive (I didn't think this was worth mentioning at the time of creating this post) that I use for Traktor.

I looked at Rekordbuddy and if I am not mistaken, I can copy my cue points from traktor to my rekordbox collection?

Matthew Cornwell 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

That is correct. Rekord Buddy transfers all cue point info etc. between Serato, Traktor and Rekordbox.

Deejay Dave 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink