Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

XDJ-RX/Rekordbox 4.0.7

Why did Pioneer update Rekordbox to the new 4.0.7.  I understand the old one had a couple of issues and some people wanted to use it on other dj equipment but when you updated it, it kicked most of my .mp3 off.  They aren't in the folders anymore.  I've rescanned the drive thinking it would fix the problem but with no luck.  Now I can't play most of my music and don't know how to get my players to play them.  I have the XDJ-RX.  I've imported and exported the files twice and they still will not show up AT ALL on my player.  What can I do about this?

Dewayne Winters

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

19件のコメント

I've got a problem too - I bought a new computer and downloaded 4.0.7 to it but RB wont analyse my files and stops on 99% then crashes when you try to do anything. I've got my first gig next weekend and need to get my tracks sorted !

Please let me know when this has been fixed,

Paul Thomas 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey Paul...I see I'm not the only one.  Maybe we can help each other.  How much ram do you have on your laptop?  My computer has 4gb but my desktop has 8.  My laptop did the same thing yesterday but my desktop works fine.

Dewayne Winters 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

My laptop has 3gb but was struggling to keep up so I went and bought a desktop with 8gb yesterday which meant I could only get RB 4.0.7 and it's just won't analyse the tracks. My first ever gig coming up and splashed out on CDJ2000nxs less than a year ago but can't get my tracks analysed and prepped in time unless I can get an earlier version of RB quickly !

Might have to go back to CD's otherwise which means I wasted £3k on my decks 👎

Paul Thomas 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Trust me when I say I understand.  Did you check the  quality of each track?  Are your songs 256 Kbps or better?  For some reason rekordbox has an issue with songs that are lower than that or are in a different format.  By the way, my gig was yesterday and I feel like, even though I had the song but couldn't access them, it was a very bad night.

Dewayne Winters 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Oh and one more thing I found that helps rekordbox analyze faster is to change the settings.  Go to Files and scroll down to preferences then select.  In the pop up box in the middle select Analysis and at the bottom of that page is a section called Analysis Process.  Change that to performance....that may help also.

Dewayne Winters 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The quality is higher than 256kps - they're from beatport. I had it on performance but changed it when the error occurred to see if it would fix. Starting to worry now...

Paul Thomas 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Are you analyzing them all at once or by folder? Try them by folder instead of all at once. How many songs do you have and maybe uninstall then reinstall the software.  I'm analyzing my music as we speak but I'm doin it by folder.

Dewayne Winters 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The rekordbox 4.0.7 update just added support for more equipment and fixed a few small bugs.  There were no major changes.  The analyzation process is the same, as is the database management.  

@Dewayne > Did your tracks disappear from the rekordbox database on your computer or disappear from the hard drive you are using on the XDJ-RX?

@Paul > Does rekordbox crash when analyzing individual songs or only when you're analyzing multiple tracks?  It sounds like some of your files may be corrupt.

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It crashes whether I analyse 1 or more tracks. It gets to 99% then stops. When you try to do something after that it stops responding.

Paul Thomas 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

They show up on rekordbox with exclamation points or question marks on them.  When I open the folder with my XDJ-RX there is nothing there even after I've reanalyzed it again...still nothing.  All my files were there before the update but now I can't get them to show.

Dewayne Winters 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Paul > you are experiencing a different issue than Dewayne is.  Please click here to fill out a support ticket inquiry and be as descriptive as possible about your problem.  This will go directly our customer support and engineering teams and you will receive their replies directly.

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

They disappeared on my XDJ-RX.  Rekordbox still shows the files but saying I have to locate them.  The folder and all it's content hasn't been changed or moved at all even before the update to 4.0.7.

Dewayne Winters 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Dewayne > It sounds like you recently moved the location of the files and the rekordbox is still looking for them in their original home. Does that sound accurate?  What I mean by this is that, for example, let's say you have 5 tracks in a folder called "TRACKS" on your desktop and you import them into rekordbox.  If you move that folder, or any of its contents, to another location or change the name of the folder or filename, rekordbox will not know where to access them as it will still expect them to be on your desktop in a folder called "TRACKS."

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I understand but all my files are on an external portable hard drive that is only used when I'm djing.  The only time I use it at home is to either add more music to it or to scan it with rekordbox. No one has access to my music but me so I know I did move anything on it.

Dewayne Winters 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So you're using your external drive on two different computers?  If that's the case, you need to tell rekordbox where to find the database file.  Go to Preferences > Advanced > Database Tab > Database Management and make sure the proper hard drive is selected.

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok gotcha but I also have a laptop with the exact same music on it as what's on my hard drive and with it the songs aren't analyzed at all.  I had them analyzed with rekordbox 4.0.6 separately than the ones on my hard drive.  They are not analyzed at all now.  I have to analyzed again 60000 songs.  I know I can't do it all at once cause it only does a thousand at a time but why did it do that with this new version?

Dewayne Winters 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm confused.  Your workflow seems to be a bit flawed.  

If you're using your external drive when you perform, why do you also need the same music files on the computer's internal drive?  If you want them there as a backup, then that's fine but why are you importing them into rekordbox again?

Your music files and database should live on your external hard drive.  You can then point every computer you use to read the database on that external drive.  This will allow you to prepare your files on any machine that drive is plugged into.

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I have my music on my laptop because I like to have a back up just in case the drive crashes.  I only use th external hard drive connected directly to the xdjrx not the laptop. I export and import music on my desktop for my drives not my laptop.  i never connect any drive to my laptop.

Dewayne Winters 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

BEFORE you export your music for use on the XDJ-RX, where does it live?  Like, if you bought a song off beatport or iTunes, where would you keep that file?  On your desktop internal drive?

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink