Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

12フォロワー フォローする

Want to record your set while mixing in rekordbox on an XDJ-RX?

That's right, no more recording to the USB2 port -- you can now record within rekordbox thanks to this work-around. It took a bit (okay, a lot) of testing and re-testing of about 20 different software applications, but I finally got a solution that will provide low-latency performance, plus the option to record and/or broadcast while mixing.

Windows instructions in this article.

Mac instructions in this article.

Have a question or need help getting things configured? Post it here.

Pulse

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

48件のコメント

@RUFF16 > These instructions are now outdated and the XDJ-RX is capable of recording in rekordbox without going through these extra hoops.

If your device is not appearing, you should uninstall and reinstall the drivers through the driver package.

Also, follow the instructions in this video to see that the XDJ-RX is appearing in your MIDI devices.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@ragdoll > The RZX has nothing to do with the XDJ-RX; I have removed your post.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

"404 - You're not authorized to access this page."

What gives?

Airbase 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It works for me, but that also may be because I'm an admin user (although I see nothing that would indicate the article is not published to the public). Either way, that information is outdated and was created as a work-around before a built-in option was available.

Literally, the only thing you need to do now is have the XDJ-RX working as a controller within rekordbox with or without the RX assigned as the audio device, and open the REC panel. Away you go!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

This is ok for recording in rekordbox, but what about streaming the audio to another program for live performance? I would like to have the audio output from the xdj-rx go to a different software audio interface 

Michael Mallett 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Michael > The XDJ-RX doesn't have an audio input to the computer, so you wouldn't be able to do that without using another audio interface that has an input you could record / stream.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry, meant xdj-rx2. 

I just tried your article linked above, followed down to the letter, and it completely crashes my macbook when changing the audio device to the aggregate device. I've done this with Serato before so I know how to do it, but something is causing a panic via rekordbox

Michael Mallett 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Must have been something in the name RX2+Soundflower because I deleted and created again using plain ol' aggregate device and it didn't crash, however I have no additional outputs for headphones or monitor. I only have the standard master output

Michael Mallett 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I just can't figure out how to get the output channels that everyone else is seeing. Were they removed in 5.4 perhaps? I have nothing except master

Michael Mallett 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Gah I had it in export mode which apparently makes all the difference. Had no idea. Please update your article because it would have saved me a few hours!

Anyway, I end up with this. Which is not what I expected and doesn't seem right?

Michael Mallett 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Michael > Looks like you have it set to EXTERNAL MIXER mode; switch it to INTERNAL to match the guide.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Is it possible to record a mix from the XDJ RX2 to a computer software like audacity using the digital usb cable as an output. I have tried and installed all drivers, but audicity does not recognize it as an input. Im intending to use it in standalone mode. 

Thanks

Arturo Monge 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The XDJ-RX2 does not feature an audio input, so no - you'd have to use the onboard USB recording feature instead. Sorry.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Is this still valid in 2022? Keen to try this, but both the Mac and windows articles above give 404 errors, page not found.

Rexxyboy 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink