Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

9フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox Unable to Move Database to NAS

Hello,

I recently followed the new guide to move my Rekordbox music and database to an external drive. I want to take this one step further and move the database and files to my NAS so I do not have to move drives between my three PC's at home and also utilize Rekordbox link to my CDJ2000NXS2's. I was able to relocate my music files over to the NAS but I do not have the option to move the rekordbox database to my NAS under preferences->advanced->move database. I have the NAS mapped to drive letter X, and only my physical drives/external drives show up. Why is this? There should be no limitation from a storage perspective as it functions the same as an external drive.

Any workaround would be helpful as it took me hours to re-locate my files and I would hate to have to do it all over again. Rekordbox is so close to being perfect in this regard! 

Thanks in advance.

Logan Boggs 回答済み

正式なコメント

You need to symlink the folder or rekordbox won't be able to use your NAS; it must be a local / attached location, not a network location.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

14件のコメント

Note: This NAS is connected via USB to my router - my PC's are always connected to the router via wifi/ethernet. 

Logan Boggs 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm working on some instructions to move the database outside of the internal scope - I'll send you an email for testing before they're published.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

That's great news - I'm a Network Engineer and am absolutely interested in testing this out. Thanks!

Logan Boggs 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello! I'm looking for the same solution - using a NAS drive. Can you share the info with me also?

Cheers!

Darren

Darren Bewsher 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I would like to know more! Same situation here!

Bryan Suijkerland 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello,

I have the same request.

i use a iOmega / Lenovo NAS mapped as "M", I can see all the USB , but the NAS is not visible.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Didier

Didier Ribbens 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi everyone,

as pointed out in the official comment, your network location must be "symlinked" from a local or usb location. A symlinked folder is like a linked folder, but looks like a proper folder - without the "link arrow", nevertheless redirecting to a specified location:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc753194(v=ws.10).aspx 

Example:
You have a simlink on your D: drive called D:\RekordboxDB. This folder links to your NAS mapped on M:\Rekordbox (folder names can be different or the same, doesn't matter).
In Rekordbox, you set the Database folder to D: - resulting in an automatic redirection to your NAS folder.

Bud Spanker 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Btw, I just tested it and it seems to work. What I did:

1. Insert USB Stick (e.g. mapped to D:) or use another partition than C:
2. Start Rekordbox
3. Move Database to D: in Preferences
4. Close Rekordbox
5. Backup Database folder (D:\PIONEER), just to make sure
6. Move Database folder from D: to desired location (e.g. Z:\PIONEER)
7. Open command prompt as administrator (search for "cmd" in Windows search, right click on search result -> Run as administrator)
8. Enter "d:"
9. Enter "mklink /d \PIONEER Z:\PIONEER
10. Close command prompt and run Rekordbox

It worked for me, at least I didn't get any error message.

Bud Spanker 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello,

I know this thread isn't the freshest anymore but I also was searching for a proper solution for this problem and I like to share the way I have solved it.

To move the Rekordbox database to my NAS, I've created an iSCSI drive on my NAS and I have linked it to my computers. Rekordbox treats the iSCSI drive like a normal HDD or a USB-stick.

Greetings from Germany,

Morris

Morris Beume 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi.

I did a VHD (Virtual Hard Drive) following the instructions on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1t5QF4JgYo

In the windows explorer, I type the name of my NAS, for example: \\MyNas\FolderName

And thats it.

Remember to create the new VHD in exFAT if you planing to use your database with Mac or Windows (https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=291&h=1#exfatwin10)

DJ Flea 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

At home I use Rekordbox and my controller on a desktop, but when I am on my way, I uses a laptop. The music files are located on a networkdrive (NAS) and I made this drive avalible offline. So I always have my music with me. 

Now I want to put my database also on this drive, that would be nice, cause now I have to backup my desktop and recover it on my laptop all the time.

I tried two options, the first I tried was the idea of Bud Spanker:

1. Insert USB Stick (e.g. mapped to D:) or use another partition than C:
2. Start Rekordbox
3. Move Database to D: in Preferences
4. Close Rekordbox
5. Backup Database folder (D:\PIONEER), just to make sure
6. Move Database folder from D: to desired location (e.g. Z:\PIONEER)
7. Open command prompt as administrator (search for "cmd" in Windows search, right click on search result -> Run as administrator)
8. Enter "d:"
9. Enter "mklink /d \PIONEER Z:\PIONEER
10. Close command prompt and run Rekordbox

This seems to work, until you start using it... if I open RB on my desktop it seems to lose all Analyse information. I recover the library from a backup and everything looks good. When I open RB on my laptop It won't start. Then I open RB again on my dekstop and all Analyse information is gone again... it's just not a stable solution.

Then I try to solve it with a Virtual hard drive, the idea of DJ Flea. It wasn't that difficult, and I still use this option because the data on my NAS is backuped and my desktop isn't. To use the same database on my laptop isn't possible cause I can't connect the VHD cause it is in use (off course by my desktop)

So still I do not have an solution for this problem.... 

Siemp 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink