Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

8フォロワー フォローする

rekordbox 4.2.0 Freez

Hi!

I just updated to brand new rekordbox 4.2.0 but its become slower.

1, When I click on the Tracks folder the Rekordbox starts lagging and gets frozen about 5-6 sec then shows the tracks.

2, The Filter was modified? I didn't modify the filter 'parameter' knob (added in 4.2.0) but its not as sensitive as in rekordbox 4.1.2 was.

Please help with this problem and question.

Szabo Gabor 回答済み

正式なコメント

It seems there are a number of users having issues with 4.2.0. The downgrade to 4.1.2 is recommended at this time, you will not lose your collection.

Also, you are welcomed to join as beta testers of the fixed version from the link below. 

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/206188223-Download-link-to-rekordbox-4-2-0b-the-beta-version-with-the-fixes-in-4-2-0

Additionally, you can revert to a previous version of your database through an automatically created backup in the rekordbox folder:

Win 7/8/10: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox
OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

Rename datafile.edb to datafile.edb.old
Rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb (removing .backup)

rekordbox automatically creates a backup each time you launch the software; if you have opened / closed v4.2.0 more than 3 times you may not be able to recover your database in this manner. Please check the date / time of the backup files in order to choose the most appropriate version.

As for the issue 2) Filter is not as sensitive as in rekordbox 4.1.2.

In 4.2.0, filter sensitivity was changed in accordance with how it is sensitive when using DJM-900NXS2.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

13件のコメント

mine just froze too, had to force quit

i inserted a flash drive, clicked on it, it wont sync cause sync manager is now broken in 4.2.0, I click on my playlists and its completely frozen for 15 minutes, finally force quit

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I got an Win10 x64 MSI GE62 Apache Pro (FullHD) 4th gen I7 and single channel 8GB of ram.

Since 4.2 RB is crashing within 15sec to 1min after start.

I did what you tell in the FAQ and updated, reinstalled (total deinstall, restart and clean reinstall), still the problem remains.

Even when I try to start RB with the NVIDIA card, it´ll crashes......I would downgrade to 4.1.2 as I wouldnt try a new software in a live situation anyway

(hey Traktor, you remember that problem)

I mean expecting that such a huge update works directly everywhere is nonsene....

BUT YOU GUYS AT PIONEER SHOULD GIMME AT LEAST A CHANCE TO DOWNLOAD THE OLD VERSION SOMEWHERE!!!!

Especially after you suggest to uninstall the old version, after the install from 4.2 is done.

(That´s is dumb! Having a running backup installed is what gave me time to test new Traktor versions, and still be able to switch back in the club to a version that is working)

Remember the Traktor update from 2.6.8 (one of the best releases) to 2.7 and 2.7.1 which both never ever got the trust to be used in a 2-3 hour gig in a club situation.

SO PIONEER PLEASE GIVE US AN OLD VERSION DOWNLOAD POSIBILITY!

Pretty please, with sugar on top and such...... 

Thank you

Sincerely 

Mark Miller

Mark Miller official 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Mark Miller

you are a life saver. Thanks for posting the previous version.  Not very smart for people to install new software before a long weekend (presumably with gigs), but definitely not smart for Pioneer to put this out when before a long weekend when people will be out gigging and tech support will be out until Tuesday.

DJ Chase 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

they need to get a 4.2.1 out asap, i already went back to 4.1.2, stuff was deleting, not syncing, crashing, a mess

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I agree its crap. Literally. No other way to describe it. I am working on a playlist, and every time i press delete on a song, the song won't delete but some other song in the playlist seems to be deleted (the number of songs in the playlist diminishes by 1 every time!!!). 

Pathetic! 

Do you guys recommend re-installing the older version? I definitely had less problems with it and quite frankly this is pissing me off and stressing me out at the same time.

Mohammed Yousef 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

who know how i can download the 4.1.2?

Jack Valentino 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I re-installed but still having the same issue re seleting songs. Anyone experience this problem or have a clue how to resolve this?

Mohammed Yousef 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

thx! fucking 4.2 version is suck.

sync is crush bpm is crush everything is suck

Jack Valentino 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello Mark Miller,

Will you please upload dmp file generated after the crash below? 

"Since 4.2 RB is crashing within 15sec to 1min after start."

Thank you very much for your kind cooperation.

Regards,

CRM, Pioneer DJ

Keiko 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I could, but I already reseted to a backup I just made a couple of hours before that.

Sorry no old crash files left......

Thougt there would be some kind of autoupload system as there is a "sent" folder present.

Got a suggestion for WinX or any older version:

Can you make a hidden copy backup of all files including the one that are present under the "user" tree folder on the system disk.

(Just copy this behavior from your competitions software in the big B city)

And even something like this will happen again (I bet on it, as all companies before have the same story to rell)

You just advise to start the old version, and everybody is happy in seconds and you can work on the problems.

Mark

Mark Miller official 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Mark > I appreciate that you were trying to help by providing links to older versions of the software, we will provide links to our servers in order to ensure the software being distributed is the proper version and free of malware or viruses.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink