Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

rekord box has lost path to drive/relocate issue with all tracks

Hi, i am using an external drive to hold all my tracks, rekord box has had no issues up to now finding the path to the external drive.. today all the tracks are missing need to be relocated.. luckily the playlists on rekord box are the same as the folders on the drive.. but i need to know if there is a way of doing a mass relocation rather then a one by one.. i see there is an option to import folder but this does not seem to be what i taught and does not do anything that i can see anyway... i also have downgraded to the earlier firmware version in case this is why this happened' but know change..

Hope someone can help :)

Cheers..

Jay..

Jay 回答済み

正式なコメント

@Jay > A couple of reasons why this might have happened..

1) The operating system mounted the drive under a new letter because the previously automatically assigned drive letter was in use. This only happens on a Windows OS, to avoid it in the future, permanently assign it a drive letter further down the alphabet (eg "M:" for "Music").

2) You moved something without realizing it.

3) (The least likely based on your description.) You use iTunes and it is set to manage the location of your files; if you changed some information and thus moved the songs to a new folder.

The easiest way to relocate all missing files -- open rekordbox, in your collection select ALL files (CTRL+A on PC, Command+A on Mac) and then from the menu select Track > Relocate. This will prompt you to find ONE file (the name will be shown at the top) and after you successfully relocate that one track, you will be prompted if you want to relocate all other songs using the same change.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

9件のコメント

Hi.. thanks for your good info.. It was option 1 from your list.. I took the drive and used it on my home p.c to export a non music related file.. this is what happened to it I think. .

Thanks again..

Jason..

Jay 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Jay > Yes, that's possible - it typically re-assumes the same drive letter, but those things can happen.

Were you able to relocate all your missing music in rekordbox?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi pulse.. no I jumped the gun and deleted the collection.. but I use an xdj rx with track filled usb so Its not affecting my live performance..

But I wanted to sort out my collection anyway.. so I have another question..

Q : going forward what would be the best way to populate the collection...
If all tracks were numbered starting at 0001 (0001 bedrock : for what u dream of) and so on.. 0002, 0003 etc would this make this easyer when adding new tracks to collection as I find it messy when adding say 50 tracks together, they go in alphabetical order and can be mixed up all over the collection and it's hard then to find them an put them into a playlists. .. would using a numbered system be best.. as I would also be able to leave gaps in the numbers for future add in's of the same genre... what do u think is best..

Regards..

Jason..

Jay 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

numbering the files does not work.. some files enter the collection numbered correctly and some that have be numbered appear without the number.. were is rekordbox taking the track name from.. as i am really confused now.. 

j

Jay 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

That seems like WAY more work than necessary.

The track name comes from the metadata, not the filename. If you wanted to do that (which, as I said, sounds like more work than you need to do), you can use a tagging / renaming tool to edit both the tags within the file and the filename itself.

Why not simply look at the file location and/or the import date?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah.. that seems to work.. no need for numbering.. I have not put much time into learning the shortcuts and in's and out's of rekordbox..thanks for responding' I have a much better idea now how rekordbox categorical system works..

J

Jay 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Jay > There are a TON of features within rekordbox for categorizing, customizing tags, etc - play around a bit to capitalize on some of those functions and you'll learn to love them, especially when you crack open the "related tracks" function! ;)

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi there Ive recently moved all my music to a new HD and trying to relocate multiple files at once. I tried your instruction

The easiest way to relocate all missing files -- open rekordbox, in your collection select ALL files (CTRL+A on PC, Command+A on Mac) and then from the menu select Track > Relocate. This will prompt you to find ONE file (the name will be shown at the top) and after you successfully relocate that one track, you will be prompted if you want to relocate all other songs using the same change.

But I am being showed with this message (please see images attached)

Darryl Leigh Rees 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink