Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Problem Cue Scratch XDJ-RX

I'd like to cue scratch like explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93uQmSPJ-UM 

But if I push the platter and klick the cue button, not every time the cue function starts to play, it only cues then. Problem is lagging the cue scratch very often though. 

Is this a problem of the xdj-rx being too slow? Because of not having enough computing power like the cdj 2000?

djfreak 回答済み

正式なコメント

If you're still holding the platter when you press the cue button, the main cue will be set to the location of the play-head. This is the same on all players, even the CDJ-2000 models. Simply let go of the jog slightly before you press the cue and you'll get the desired effect.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

11件のコメント

You can only make a cue point while in PAUSE.

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

that's not my problem. I want to cue scratch like described in the post above (cf. youtube-clip). But in my case with the RX sometimes the sound plays and sometimes it only cues at the cue point after scratching where it should play sound.

What's the problem? Can't the RX cue scratch like a nexus 2000? Is this because of limited computing power of the RX?

djfreak 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If it creates a new cue point, it could be because you are pressing the cue button while still holding the platter.

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey,

maybe you're right. But why should it do so? I'm not touching the platter when pushing cue button. And there wasn't set an other cue point when scratching.

My observation is:

There are two cue-button functions:

1. to go back to the cue point when the platter spins

2. to play the music when pushed

If you want to play music with the cue button while the music plays, you've to push the cue button twice. Am I right?

So with the RX when cue is pushed cue just goes back to the cue point as long as the platter spins (function 1). It seams the RX needs very much time compared to the 2000 getting back to the cue point when spinning is over. And the cue function doesn't play until the platter is back on the cue point (function 2).

So therefor sometimes cue scratching works with the RX and sometimes not?! 

However, I can't scratch fluently in this mode with the RX. :(

Has it something to do with selected options?

(it's no difference in quantize and non-quantize mode...)

djfreak 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

No, neither AutoCue nor Quantize is engaged. But with the both I get the same results ... 

djfreak 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello Pulse:

Your comment goes in the wrong direction: I do NOT holding the platter when pressing cue. I tried to explain my problem several times. Please try to comprehend my explanations.

As far as I understand what is going wrong here:

It takes more time of re-cuing after leaving off the hand of the platter for the RX than for the 2000s. And when I push the cue button quickly after leaving of hand of the platter, the RX is busy with cuing instead of being ready to cue scratch. 

Explained comprehensively?

Remains the question why the RX takes more time to re-cue after leaving off hand of the platter. I think its because of having less computing power in comparison to the 2000s.

djfreak 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Are you saying the time between releasing the jog and the player returning to the cue point is longer? That could simply be attributed to the difference in sensitivity of the jogs. 

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yes, that's my point.

But if the problem ist the jog sensitivity, what could I do?

djfreak 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@djfreak > Sorry for the delay in responding to this post -- the static jogs (as used on the XDJ-RX) may be more sensitive to the proximity of your hand, thus requiring you to move further away from the jog in order for it to detect "no contact."

What I meant by the difference in sensitivity wasn't that there's any ability to adjust it, it was more the sensitivity of a static jog vs. a mechanical switch jog (like the CDJ-2000).

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink