Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

Mixed media - audio and video in 4.2

in earlier versions ( before 4.2.0) you could have mixed playlists containing mp3 and mp4 ( even though RB only played audio ) 

Since video plugin - you CAN NOT add a video to a regular playlist - 

however - if a playlist was made in 4.1.0 ( with mp3/mp4) it shows up in 4.2.0C to contain mp3 and mp4

Lofty 回答済み

正式なコメント

One of the main reasons this doesn't exist is videos can't be exported to USBs, and a mixed-media playlist would leave you without the video content of a playlist in export mode.

The engineers are aware of this demand and may include it in a future update, but until then, please stop beating the horse, it's already dead.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

13件のコメント

I've only just started using Rekordbox (The paid monthly version with video), as I wanted to see how it compares to Serato, whose video player I have found to be very flakey.

All my playlists consist of a mix of both mp3 music & mp4 music videos.

Unfortunately, as the previous comment suggests, having playlists with both does not work.

Can anyone tell me if this is to be fixed, or should I cancel my new subscription?

Kevin Lock 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

This has been brought to the attention of the engineering team.  I will post any updates I receive here.  Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Please fix this! My playlists are also audio and video and I can not import new playlists with both formats with version 4.2.1. This is much better in Serato at the moment!

Mirco Illmann 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

After waiting a month for Pioneer to get back to me on this, I decided to give them another chase yesterday, & today after already taking subscription payments for a product I cannot use, gave me this reply:

"Currently, rekordbox does not support creating any playlists with the mixture of both audio files and video files.
Will you please create playlists only with mp3 files & video files such as mp4 files separately."

Suffice it to say, I'm cancelling my subscription, & attempting to get a refund on payments taken.

Kevin Lock 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Kevin > A product you "cannot use" simply because it can't do one function? As Mark indicated on July 28th, this is something that was passed along to our product engineers and they are working to implement it, but expecting to see that introduced in only one month, when only one update was released (August 2nd; not nearly enough time for your suggestion to make it into the update), and to request a refund is a bit demanding.

Why not give it another month? There is another update just around the corner, and while I can't guarantee that this fix made it into the update, this should hardly be a reason to completely abandon the software.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

just to update ...... 

I finally tried 4.2.2 and no luck about mixed playlists.

I've rolled back to 4.1.0 - it's a VERY stable version and allows mixed media in playlists.

hopefully this gets addressed in the next update.

still liking the software - just annoyed I can be on the newer versions. 

Lofty 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Lofty > It may allow for mixed media, but you can't play video.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

still no mixed media playlists - this is VERY FRUSTRATING!

I am rolling back ( again ) to 4.1.0 as this is the last version that allows mixed media. 

I even tried deactivating the video plugin - but still no luck

Please bring this back - or at least allow for an option that can toggle on or off

I know there is more than just me that use mp3 and mp4 to dj with. 

Lofty 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

4.2.4 advanced - Still no mixed media in playlists. 

rolling back ( again )

The new version seems good - but still no mixed media

Also -  in itunes explorer mp4 filed do not show up :-( 

whats wierd is if a have a playlist that was made in 4.1.0 ( that has mp3/mp4) it works and plays fine - if I try to add a duplicate mp4 it pops up that I'm adding a duplicate file ( with skip or cancel button ) 

the GUI highlights when I add an Mp4 to regular playlist but never actually adds. 

If I try to add an mp3 to a video playlist I get the "no" symbol 

Lofty 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Can anyone from Pioneer can give me an information about this issue?

When will this function be added again in the software?

I play 70% video files at the moment and can not use Rekordbox DJ because of this bug.

Serato DJ has no problems with mixed playlists!

Please give me an answer, thank you.

Mirco Illmann 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Mirco > I can tell you that they will be adding it, but we don't have a timeline.

@Lofty > Exactly what I said; it can't play the video. ;)

You can't change the properties of the entry within the database; if you interrupted it and effectively "crashed" the software, it could have corrupted the database which is why those entries didn't show a video icon.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Still no Love for mixed media :-( 

Installed 4.2.6 beta - and now back to 4.1.0 so I can have my mixed media lists 

If I have mixed media in a playlist it shows up and I can use the list , the issue is I can't add a video to the list. 

PLEASE add this back - or at least the option for those of us that use it 

Lofty 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink