Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

10フォロワー フォローする

How to set Pad color in MIDI map

I recently moved from Rane 64 to DJM900-nxs2.  I am currently mapping a Reloop NEON to get the needed midi controls.  It is going fine, but I'd like to be able to set the pad colors of, as an example, Hot Cue points to match those set in RBDJ.  I see that this is done with several Pioneer controllers, e.g., DDJ-RR.  I am having no luck, despite trying to follow the entries in the Pioneer supplied *.midi.csv files.

Is there a way to set the pad colors? Here is a link to my current (very incomplete) midi file for the reloop NEON.

Deejay L. Viejo 回答済み

正式なコメント

The TL;DR answer: Not possible.

The long answer:

The F1 allows you to set several different modes in the NI Controller Editor for the pad LEDs; 1 colour, 2 colour, HSB (Hue, Saturation, Brightness), and Indexed.

The 1 and 2 colour options are pre-determined in the Controller Editor, so any MIDI signal on that button's channel / CC will either say "Make the LED bright! / Make the LED dim!" or "Make the LED colour A! / Make the LED colour B!", but HSB and Indexed receive additional signal over MIDI to specify additional information. Unfortunately there isn't much information about Indexed colour mode on the NI website (or even trolling a few support forums), but HSB is super functional... if you can map it all out, which unfortunately you can't do within rekordbox, and here's why...

My F1 was defaulting to send/receive signal on MIDI CH13. The first pad, top left, was sending / receiving CC10 (BC0A) when pressed (or to send the standard "light up the LED"), the values toggle between 0 and 127 for those functions, pretty straight-forward.

But if you enable HSB mode for that pad, you now have to send 3 additional MIDI signals to the LED on CC10 depending on what colour you want, and how bright.

MIDI CH1 sends hue (the colour), MIDI CH2 sends the saturation (0 being none; white, 127 being full), and MIDI CH3 sends the brightness (0 being "off", 127 being full on). So in the software (whatever software) you have to specify that you're sending up to 3 additional MIDI signals to the controller. Realistically, you don't need to send the saturation item as you'll likely want it full value. The brightness would be your on/off, which only needs to be sent if you have a hot cue. The problem is then what value (colour) is being sent from the software to tell the pad to be the same colour as selected for the hot cue ... there is no ability to draw that dynamically from the software to send to the MIDI pad LED.

I would assume the NEON or other RGB-capable controllers work in a similar fashion, more likely indexed (the HSB mode is pretty advanced and cool to see available), but as the Pioneer DJ controllers are using HID and MIDI mode, they have a better integration for the LED output colour data from the software.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

9件のコメント

I would also like to know how to do this for my Traktor Kontrol F1.

Cheers

Dan

DJ dp 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the reply, I find the whole mapping setup very interesting.

I have been a Traktor user for a few years, so have taken the midi mapping in that for granted and in comparison, Rekordbox's is very basic.

Is it likely that further mapping options such layered mappings, video mappings, etc.. be adding in future releases of Rekordbox? Or is it something that has to be written in to the original program? So the full options are already shown?

On a different note, I find it strange that controllers are setup and fully usable with Rekordbox via plug & play / out of the box, but the options that are setup up with them you can't automatically map with other controllers. Such as the video options on the DDJ-RZX, in particular the XY pad on the touch screen. Is this just something that gets unlocked at a later date?

My Wish list would be as follows.

1. Use of multiple Pioneer midi devices. e.g Wego2 and DDJ-SP1 together.

2. Layered mappings. e.g. You press one button and it triggers multiple FX

3. Midi mapping for all items in Rekordbox, especially the video section.

Cheers

Dan

DJ dp 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Multiple controllers is something we're hoping will be incorporated in a future update, as well as an overhaul of the MIDI configuration utility.

Regarding your requests, please use the feature request link at the top of the page, it's the best way to get your ideas in front of the product teams.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

How did you get on with the map? Any link to it as a download? Thanks

Adam 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Need Help,

I just buy Akai APC Mini a couple days ago, and the button doesn't light up when i try to mapped on rekordbox. how to fixed them? and.. do you know about all 4 digits midi code mean?

husein bandi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@husein > See the answer provided above; it may not necessarily work with your hardware depending on what kind of code the hardware expects to receive.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse > Any news on an that MIDI configuration utility overhaul?

Manuel Fernandez 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse - thanks so much for your efforts digging into this. 

Is there any way to specify the velocity of the outgoing midi note from the .midi.csv file? i know a few midi controllers use velocity to color. 

additionally, is there any way to access the dynamic hot cue pad color that a user sets from rekordbox dj performance mode? 

many thanks! 

Spencer Cappiello 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink