Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

iTunes Album Ratings PROBLEM

Hi everyone,

iTunes now decides to auto rate albums (grey) when you rate even just a single song on that album, which is not a problem in itself but Rekordbox takes this album rating for the rating on songs... so I can have an unrated song in iTunes but it be rated 5 stars in Rekordbox.

Is there a workaround or is this a bug?

Cheers Sam

Sam 回答済み

正式なコメント

Well, that's your iTunes collection you're looking at... within rekordbox. Sadly this is a bug in the XML, and we've passed it to the engineers to see if there's anything they can do, but my recommendation is to import your tracks and rate them within rekordbox.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

9件のコメント

This defeats the purpose of iTunes sync and star ratings if we have to manually import to rekordbox to star rate.

Any updates on this ~8 months later?

Erin Keeffe 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Erin > If you can post your iTunes XML file, I can pass it along to the engineers to inspect.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Here's a sample of my iTunes Library.xml file, with proper headers etc:

https://d2ppvlu71ri8gs.cloudfront.net/items/392D1n10433w3I113w1a/iTunes%20Library%20(sample).xml

... and a screenshot of how it appears in iTunes:

https://d2ppvlu71ri8gs.cloudfront.net/items/071D3H0Y0Z3G0s20431v/iTunes.png

I think I can see the issue here:

It appears that if one track in an album has a star rating of say 5, which looks like:

<key>Rating</key><integer>100</integer>

... the other, unrated tracks in that same album get the album's average star rating applied to the SAME field (<key>Rating</key>) in addition to the <key>Album Rating</key> field. Those unrated tracks then receive a new boolean field that looks like this:

<key>Rating Computed</key><true/>

I think what your engineers need to do is check for this "Rating Computed" boolean and if a track has that (and it is set to <true/>), then disregard the "Rating" key field for that individual track.

Cheers

Erin Keeffe 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Not sure if this is related at the top of the file either:

"<key>Show Content Ratings</key><true/>"

Some extra info as well:

I'm on macOS 10.12.4, iTunes 12.6.1.25, and Rekordbox 4.3.1

I have both Apple Music and iTunes Match enabled, but I don't think it should matter as Rekordbox has worked fine with these in the past.

Erin Keeffe 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink