Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

Moving entire RekordBox Database

Hey there, I know there are a few similar posts but I haven't been able to find an answer for exactly what I'm looking to do.

I just moved all my music from one hard drive to another - but I have all of my music sorted by iTunes. Everything is in the exact same directory, just with a different drive letter. eg. E:\Music\iTunes\Music\Asa\Unknown Album is now F:\Music\iTunes\Music\Asa\Unknown Album

Is there a way for me to update this in RekordBox? I tried using the feature to find other songs in the same location, but it goes down right to the specific folder, and all of my music is divided into folders by artist name followed by album name.

I read a post about using a text editor to mass edit an .xml file and change all instances of E:\ to F:\, but I'm not sure what .xml file I need to edit. I know how to export the database as an .xml file, but I'm not sure how I'd go about re-loading that data in RekordBox?

Anyways - is there any way for me to do this without individually re-adding every single album?

T-Top 回答済み

正式なコメント

Select all, click Relocate from the menu, then find the first file - it will ask if you want to use the same "move" for all other files; as the only difference is the drive letter, it will find them all almost instantly with almost no effort.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

9件のコメント

It worked! Thank you!!! I had actually tried this but it kept saying "rekordbox found - files" - I didn't realize - I have to find the 1st song highlighted on the top of the list, regardless of where I click. Since selecting all takes me to the bottom, I just tried to find one of the bottom tracks - and then it didn't load.

But all good now! :D

T-Top 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah, not 100% clear on that step, but glad you got it to work properly. Enjoy!

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok so... new problem lol. 99% of my songs transferred fine, however a few of them didn't - as I would've expected. But when I try to relocate these songs, it says they're already in my library. So I tried just deleting a couple of these songs from my library and throwing them back in - they just don't show up now!

The screen flashes and says "preparing", then it doesn't show in my library. I've tried restarting the program and my computer. I even tried converting the song to another format, then back to the original format (MP3 > AIFF > MP3) - the .aiff will go in but when its back to MP3 I'm getting the same problem (I'd prefer to leave them all in but I guess the conversion is a worst-case workaround)

Any ideas?

T-Top 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Nevermind... figured that one out too. When I made the mistake of importing the bottom songs instead of the top songs... it looks like it worked with the top song so essentially it imported the music for a completely different song than it was labelled for... just reloaded tags for the whole library lol

T-Top 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse - So I'm guessing that I can use this same process when migrating to a new computer, right? 

I ordered a new computer and I would like to set it up from scratch but maintain my RB database as it is. Ideally I'd like to use a different name on my user profile which used to not be possible if I remember correctly. 

What database file(s) do I need to migrate over from my old machine in order to maintain my current DB? 

I've been so anxious about this. I appreciate any help!

RyanTV 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You should do a backup/restore process, that would allow you to move the database to a new user profile. One of the options is to transfer your music files as well, you should do that if your music is stored internally on the old computer.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks, Pulse! 

I'll be working in parallel with the 2 machines for a few days, so I can iron out any oddities. I appreciate the info more than you know. 

It's the good and the bad of getting a new computer. I guess I could just do profile manager, but I just want to start over from scratch with everything except RB. 

RyanTV 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink