Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

Change parent directory in rekordbox (moving to Dropbox)

Hi everyone! 

I struggle with finding the best way of updating my Rekordbox's folder structure. Adding Dropbox for ongoing back ups and also change some paths after I removed a bunch of duplicates and cleaned up in my collection from the time before RB: 

Simply put I want:

user/Music Collection/..

into 

user/Dropbox/Music Collection/.. 

The folder structure is the same but to be able to use "Relocate all" I've understood all tracks need to be in the same folder. I could move all my tracks into a major "All music folder" but not comfortable with losing all structure outside RB. 

I will also need to do this on some specific tracks after I had to remove some confusing, excessive folders from the beginning of time, into my new folder structure, basically removing some layers so 

user/Music Collection/Old_Crap/More_old_crap/2012-Jan

will be replaced with

user/Music Collection/2012/2012-Jan

Only workarounds I have found so far is to export in various formats -> execute some find & replace in the file -> import back. This solves it except that I loose all my cue-points and risk adding more duplicates. 

Any solution or great workarounds is much appreciated! :) 

Cheers! 
Emma 

Æmma 回答済み

正式なコメント

If you have moved from:

user/Music Collection/..

to:

user/Dropbox/Music Collection/.. 

You've already done the "parent" folder and the mass-relocate will find all content within simply by relocating the first song.

If you are moving files in a more specific structure, as you note in the second example, it's better to relocate them if you don't have many tracks where you've had to edit the beat grid, add custom memory / hot cue points. If they're only in the collection in a very "vanilla" way, you would be best off removing them from the collection and re-importing.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

I found one solution:

If I view location column in Rekordbox I can mark all within the exact same folder, mark them all and relocate missing files. Relocate the first missing file and the rest will be automatically found. Yay! 

When I've cleaned up all my files I will move to Dropbox again and hopefully without my mess, Rekordbox will find relocate everything. :) 

Æmma 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So long as you make the same "parent folder" move, it will be fine to relocate the entire batch all at once. But if you've moved sub-folders, at all, the relocation won't work on those, only the folders that moved in the same scope as the first relocation.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks! got it! :) 

Never thought I would experience this day! lol

Æmma 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

This seemed to work for about 2/3 of tracks (after having had some problems) but it doesn't seem to work for the rest.

I lost my database in a hard drive failure (but not my library) I then had to reinstall my library from my USB stick https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360032545791-Reinstalling-Rekord 

But now all my tunes point to the USB stick "J:/Contents/Artist/Album/Track.mp3"

and I need them to point to "D:/Music/iTunes Music/Artist/Album/Track.mp3"

When I go in and find the first track it is looking for, I direct it to that, but it is no longer managing to pick up the rest of the directory structure and find the rest (though the files are all there).

I have also considered changing the locator in the xml file, but I can't find rekordbox.xml in the folder suggested by RB settings.

Any help gratefully received - 1638 tracks left to go (it was >5000 half an hour ago but I can't work out what this problems is)

Dubious 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks - I had tried that.

I think one thing that has happened is that iTunes has reordered some of the album/artist to artist/album for some reason.

Can you provide any help on :

a) whether a search from a root folder is possible or likely to be possible in the future;

and

b) about the option of editing the xml file?

Thanks.

Dubious 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You would have to search multiple times to achieve that result.

You also may be able to edit the database, however I can't provide details on that as the database itself is encrypted and would result in likely corruption upon editing. If you exported as an XML file, then tried editing there using your own tools to find/replace, you could then re-import, although I can't guarantee it will work as rekordbox may see those as different songs, and not match the IDs for the wave / cue data.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Just remembered; if you have any track / name in your new folder not mirroring the exact names an folder of the new destination of the old one it will not work. Case sensitive too if I'm not mistaken. Could that be the case?

Æmma 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yes, case sensitive - but if you've pointed it to the right location, it would still pick up the change in the folder names.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink