Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Some really useful work flow & creative features.

Hey crew. I've been a power user with the Toraiz in my live set and in the studio. I have a couple feature requests that would go a long way to maxing out its functionality.

1- Having an envelope on the through tracks. This is a major feature for me on instruments like the Octatrack. Being able to stream audio from my modular (or whatever source) and sequence it in time with the rest of the samples is incredibly valuable. There are work around it have been using involving triggers and such, but it is nowhere near as flexible as when using actual envelopes. Please please please.

2- When in track mode, holding shift to select a different track via the pads without triggering the sound.

3- When using the trigger repeat feature, being able to flip to mute mode while the retriggering pad is held would be handing for builds and mutes. My current work around is to use a second pattern that I can jump to handle mute arrangements. It works but it's not quite as 'live' as it could be.

4- When I'm jamming live, I leaf back and forth between scenes. I often find myself staring at the various colored buttons of scene mode unable to remember what scene was what. Please allow the user to name scenes and those names to be visible for all scenes in the scene manager. The lack of scene navigation clarity has caused me a couple of live performance blunders due to jumping to the wrong scene.

5- Dynamics control and sample volume. Inevitably, my first step when creating a new scene is to lower the volume of all tracks so that I'm not immediately clipping the master channel when I have more than 2 or 3 things happening. Having some general channel strip features on each track without using the single fx slot would be very handy.

6- Mute groups. Groups of linked channels that share a mute function. Another popular machine has a similar feature by which you hold function and select all the tracks you wish to mute or unmute. Then the all change state at once when the function button is released. It's handy.

7- I've seen other requests for things like second LFO and knob motion recording. Those would be fun. I am currently very grateful for the new LFO. The new OS opens up a lot of sonic territory. Thank you for that.

Scott Fox

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

My apologies. I thought this was in a Toraiz sub forum. All these feature requests are for the Toraiz.

Scott Fox 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Great suggestions Scott. I've compiled a list of pre 1.1 and post 1.2 feature requests here

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/255518846-TORAIZ-v1-2-Feature-requests 

I'll add your ones soon and tidy it up a bit. Probably best to aim to keep them in one place and ask Pioneer to read them.

I also use an Octatrack and Tempest, and porting some of their fantastic live features over would really add another dimension to the Toraiz.

Comments / thoughts welcome.

Simon Fine 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks a lot, Simon! All are useful but that envelope on the through track is a completely different level of functionality.

I'm enjoying this list you have. :-)

Scott Fox 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Scott, I agree re the envelope (but would also like an additional one for sample track modulation too!) I use it a lot on my octatrack and also with an analog keys to eurorack - much nicer control, and then add it the ability to retrig it or not :)

Simon Fine 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

EDIT: I now see you're aware of the triggers caveat

You can have an envelope on thru tracks, I do it all the time now. You need to add triggers to the step sequencer to achieve this.

James Womack 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

James, how do you get envelopes on a thru track? I can trig lock fx settings and lfo fx settings but thats all I can see.

Simon Fine 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well to my way of thinking the effects are still being manipulated via an envelope. Now that I know what you meant, yeah there's no way of manipulating pitch or volume independent of effects.

James Womack 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The only way to really pull it off is by parameter locking things like gain and volume controls on effects that have them (the filters and compressor) but it's nowhere near as good as it eould be if the envelope in the amp section was enabled.

Scott Fox 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink