Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

9フォロワー フォローする

RB DMX.... Update....

A question for Pulse...

Whilst i appreciate the Lighting part of RB is still very new i am wondering when it is likely to receive an update in order that is capable of controlling more sophisticated lighting fixtures. Currently my light-show is severely depleted due to RB Lighting's inability to operate many of my fixtures.

In all honesty, Pioneer should not have released this product in its current state. 

So how long do we have to wait for the upgrade...? Weeks... Months...?

Is there a beta? I am happy to be a tester....?

Andy.

Andy Beech 回答済み

正式なコメント

Your feedback is appreciated, however I don't have any information on what will be included in releases, their timing, nor any details on possible betas, sorry.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

17件のコメント

world wide takeover, switching to a serato/rekordbox for future events. Traktor was a nice but time to move on and be smart.

nazim zmirli 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I took a decision about that after strugling with Rekordbox and DDJ-RZX during long time.

I will not buy RB-DMX until I am sure that this is working properly and is able to handle all of my features.

I just bought an Enttec DMXIS that will offer what I need for the moment and is quite stable and there are several sources in the internet explaining how to use and configure.

I do not see in a short or medium term any advantage in use RB-DMX besides that I am also concerned that Pioneer still keep Rekordbox as black box not open like other competitors are doing making their software open allowing it to be integrated with other platforms such as Ableton or with other devices such as DMXIS or SoundSwitch.

Sérgio

sbherculano 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Andy > Of course they are working to improve it and include additional functions and features.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Andy Ive returned mine too, like you I really do not believe this was ready for release, I also don't take to Kindly to paying to be a guinea pig which is essentially what has happened, while the guys on here do their very best to support us , its really not their fault or problem to have to answer too, my frustration boiled over to the point of vowing never to buy another pioneer product ever again, while the support staff here are very pro what they are selling I'm pretty sure if it was their own cash and equipment on the line, as well as their own livelihoods in question when out at a gig with pants and unstable kit they would sing a very different tune, Ultimately to stay ahead in this game you have to stay cutting edge which means we have to take the gamble on stuff like this, this time it definitely didn't pay, I lost half if not more of my show, the fixtures that were supposed to be supported clearly weren't. the driver people tell you its ok, Pulse will clearly tell you (correctly) I tried them that they are not........ its a mess. 

send it back within your 28 days is my advice, most of these were online sales and as such you have the consumer protection.

Rob Goozee 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Rob.

I can understand why you, any many others, have returned the RB DMX1. The thing is, 

I really want it to work. In principle it is very good - just an unfinished product. I'm sure it will improve but in the meantime Pioneer are losing customers, some of which will not return. They are doing themselves no favours. 

The people at Altabase think that just because a profile exists in their library, it works. When in fact they don't. If you tell them, your message just gets ignored. 

Out of curiosity, did you buy from DJ Kit in Newbury? They have had 5 returned out of 10 sold.....

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi, 

The goal os this post is to share my experience with the colleagues and the people can think what could be possible if Pioneer take the decision to make Rekordbox a more open Software.

Since I am using some fixtures without any automation and I decided to not buy RB-DMX1 I looked  to find an alternative.

For my surprise I found an very old product Enttec DMXIS and I decided to buy it and I am really very happy with all features I have on hand in a very simple way with just a small investment (less than 170 EUR). Of course this offer just 1 universe but for a mobile DJ like me is perfect and I am sure that this was the best decision I did

This product is fully integrated with Ableton and other DAWS, in addition you can use MIDI Clock from Traktor to sync lights and music, what show that is tottaly possible if Pioneer do the same. 

sbherculano 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@sbherculano > There are literally hundreds of lighting solutions on the market, but none of them have the same energy / phrase analysis that rekordbox lighting provides.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The RB DMX1 is a huge let down.  I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on premium moving head lights.  When hooked up to the RB DMX1 all I get is a spot light with color. No gobo, no gobo rotation, no prism access. The functionality is so basic it is hard to understand how pioneer felt it was ok to release this product.  Major disappointment.  I see potential but you really need to get this thing some upgraded functionality.  Makes my premium light show look like low end garbage. 

Mitch 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Mitch!

I am pleased that you have brought this subject up again. It is now 8 months since i started this thread and since that time there has been just one (minor) update to RB Lighting.

I, like yourself, have a huge amount of lighting. None of which will work with RB Lighting. I even went and purchased extra lighting that will work with it.

Pioneer's ongoing support with this is all but non existent and it is about time we saw a major update. However, every time any asks the question its always the same answer - i don't have a  timeline......

We should be suing Pioneer for selling a product "Not fit for purpose"... There was never any indication from Pioneer that this product was still in Beta when sold...and still is some 8 months later.. 

Once again Pioneer - SORT THIS OUT........

Andy Beech 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

There is huge potential in RB-DMX1 but it cannot be unleashed today due limitations in RB Ligthning mode.

The main problem is that almost 9 months launched there is almost no implemented change, or this is really a hard work to be made or this topic lost priority inside Pioneer.

I would love to buy an RB-DMX1 device and replace my light shows but let's wait a lit bit more and see what will happen.

Sérgio

sbherculano 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

and... it's June 2019... and still no updates to the issues or gobo/prism functions.  

RB-DMX1 is clearly dead and Pioneer are not interested in it.

WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF MONEY.

Fivefortyfour 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Not dead, but thanks for your vote of confidence!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

and when is the update for gobos, rotation, prism, 
you have already received many complaints,
when are you going to fix that, I don't enjoy my moving heads
so far, I miss a lot of functions, so far always not
worth 400 euros, we are now in July, come on pioneer now give us
finally the update that we have been asking for for a long time,
not that difficult !!!!!
danny arnoldussen 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

"not that difficult !!!!!"

If it were easy, it would have been done by now.

Thanks for your patience.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink