Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

7フォロワー フォローする

Unwanted automatic synchronizing PC to USB

Hello,

I'm using the feature SYNC MANAGER in Rekordbox to keep all of the tracks and playlists on my USB/SD devices up-to-date. Great feature!

But: What happens now is that when, after inserting the device in my PC, I left or right click on the device(name) in Rekordbox, it starts to export automatically, 

I want to keep using SYNC MANAGER, but I want it to start at my command. Sometimes I only want to 'Update collection', which needs a right-click. But that click activates the auto sync/export.

I can't find any setting to change this. Did I miss something?

Leon Hartog 回答済み

正式なコメント

This is because you have the checkbox in the SYNC MANAGER enabled:

Uncheck the synchronize and manage them manually if you don't want it to automatically sync and export when you connect / use the device.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

14件のコメント

Export mode > Preferences > Advanced > Database tab 

Mark Gallo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, it does not solve my problem. I already have this setting on 'OFF'. Besides, it is only used when your source tracks are on an external drive. I have the issue with a normal export situation: Source tracks on a PC, destination is a USB stick.

Of course I know it's always wise to first do a sync from PC to USB before updating the collection from USB to PC, unless you're 100% sure what you're doing. But it's just strange that Sync Manager starts working as soon as you (left or right) click on the device.

Leon Hartog 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm working out of my office right now, so I can't confirm this 100% without a device to test it, but I believe there is a checkbox in the SYNC MANAGER to disable that functionality.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thank you, Pulse, but no. The only option is to turn off sync. That is not what I want.

Leon Hartog 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue. I have the sync automatically turned OFF in the settings, but whenever I click my device it starts syncing automatically. 

Please rekordbox team fix this ASAP, this is super annoying. Sometimes I don't have time to sync my device, but I do need to check my playlists. 

Deep Filip 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Couldnt solve this problem too. I have an old usb with my old playlists from another macbook. Just putted the usb , started the rekorbox and all my playlists are gone(but the files are still on usb, only playlists were deleted) . Earlier i could import my old playlists to the new macbook from usb

Timur Musin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse i CAN NOT to uncheck it! I just put on the usb and it starts to delete all the playlists without asking me, and when i put another usb, then uncheck the sync, then put the one with old playlists it continues to delete them!

Timur Musin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Okay... so sync them first (so they're up to date within rekordbox), then un-sync, then re-export them manually.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

This is not a solution, but a time-consuming workaround. Can't I just check the contents of a device without it being synced first?

Leon Hartog 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Leon > If you had previously set the device to be used with the sync manager, you would need to disable it first.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi! Auto export is switched off but It's automatically sync. I don't want to sync. Can you help me? 

csollak ferenc 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The easy unofficial fix for this

1. Quit Rekordbox (important!)
  2. on the CDJ USB drive open the folder 
    /PIONEER/rekordbox/
    This folder might be hidden on HFS formatted USB drives (Google 'how to view hidden folders on MacOS', it's easy)
  3. rename the file 
    playlists3.sync
    to something else (I iuse 1playlists3.sync for easy toggling)
  4. Start Rekordbox and you'll see the autosync is disabled in the sync manager. You can re-enable it by renaming the playlists3.sync file, while Rekordbox is closed!)

And now you can safely stick your USB in someone else's Rekordbox without sync starting (always chose not to sync "my tags"! when using your USB on another Rekordbox collection)

MixMasterG 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi MixMaster G. This is a very nice workaround. Thanks!

Leon Hartog 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink