Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

DMX mapping and some complains

Hi there,

we have bought a Pioneer setting for our DJ's in our club. We wanted to use Rekordbox and also Rekordbox lighting with a DDJ-1000 and a MacBook Pro.

I know the DMX1 is not really old and Lighting isn't old too, but there are some main thinks that we miss in your software. But at first I want to say that it has some really good Pro's, but unfortunately some hard Con's.

- No Main Light intensity - No way to dimm the light without editing all Macros

- We have problems to get some fixtures to run. First is Hemisphere 5.1 (CHAUVET DJ), the second fixture not working is Flash Bar 150 (CAMEO) the lights go on when I click on the "dmx config", but nothing more.

- Why is it not possible to make macros for every single fixtures? Why is there only the possibility to make macros for groups (categories).

- When I have a 18 RGB LED BAR, why is it not possible to control every single LED? It only works with the whole Bar.

- I tried to ask your support on phone, but he had no clue whats going on or how it even work

- Why is there no way to add the DMX mapping for the group or set single DMX Channel values? Also there is no way to add/edit/delete the categories

I think Rekordbox Lighting would be great if it wouldn't miss such general features. I m not sure if we can use it like this, but I wanted it for its Pro's.

Cheers

HappyRock

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

7件のコメント

Next Bug.. If you change the scenes from a song that is already analyzed it doesn't change any macro there. As example:

- I analyse a song, it says its High, cool. Adding all scenes for that.. ok

- I change the scenes for macro High, cool not so pink scenes in Lighting

- Reload the track on a deck in Performance loads the old scenes.

- I try to analyze it again, reload it, same.

HappyRock 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey @HappyRock, thanks for your feedback. I'll try and address some of your comments...

- There's no master dimmer, but that is a feature we've previously requested. In fact, there's a long list of things we've asked to be included, so we're hoping to see some of them added in a future update. The pile is quite large and it's a small team working on the project, but I'm confident they're working hard to include our requests.

- The Hemisphere is an FX-type lighting fixture. Currently only movers, pars, bars, strobes, and pinspots are supported. There are also functions for those lights (such as prism, gobo, focus, etc. for movers, white / amber / UV support for LED products) which are not yet available, but as time goes on, improvements will be made to include additional features and different fixture types. The problem with FX lights is they all work differently and creating universal control through the lighting program is difficult.

- That's not the intention of this application. It's not a full stand-alone lighting suite; it's designed to be a hybrid of automation (in sync with music) and customizability, rather than full individual lighting control and programming.

- There is currently no pixel-mapping (see above).

- Not all of our support team members are familiar with all of the products, which is why we have the forums! If we're not able to answer the question, we have a direct line to the product teams in Japan to get you the information you need.

- No, there is no granular DMX control; see above re: the intended use of the lighting feature.

- If you are in performance mode and you right-click on any macro in the bar to change it, that will be a permanent change. If you were in lighting mode and edited one of the macros, anywhere that macro is used the changes will take place.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Having issues with Chauvet Swarm5FX and American DJ Galaxian 3D as well. Neither will even give a signal if you click on them. Also I hooked up an American DJ Tri Phase and ADJ quad phase and both are working as far as they flash on but they don’t change color manually with all my other spot/wash lights. 

Djbeloved2012 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Beloved > None of those lighting fixtures are supported by rekordbox at this time; FX and lasers don't currently have control methods within the software. We hope to have an update to include these in the future.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Odd that they would be listed in the fixture library then.

Djbeloved2012 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Not odd at all - we use a 3rd party provider for our lighting database. They have thousands of fixtures in there, and they're even willing and able to add fixtures at the request of users, so when the time comes that we have support for those fixtures or other advanced functions within rekordbox lighting, they'll already be accessible and ready to go.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok. Well i’m looking forward to that. Hopefully that’s soon.

Djbeloved2012 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink