Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

7フォロワー フォローする

Camelot key support

i know this has been asked for since 2012 & i recently had an email statng it will be supported but no time line, any clue when, or at least use open key thats as good as camelot.

When is Camelot coming to rekordbox as your feature for track suggestion does not work so well for the type of music I mix, I mix hard Drum and Bass & rekordbox cant read the keys correctly half the time, had to buy a serato controller so I can label the tracks correctly but it seems to not like that so much as now the traffic light system no longer works unless the tracks are only scanned by rekordbox, so for time being my ddj-1000 will have to gather dust & that's just flat out wrong, I mean your key system is fine if you are writing symphonies or concerto's, but for dj'ing its flat out useless, its more of a hinderance than help to me. 

Blank_Disk 回答済み

正式なコメント

You know the Camelot system is based on the standard musical notation at its core, right?

We're all waiting for the day when an easier-to-use system is adopted, but those cost money, and until that change is made, you can either adapt and learn to use it, or continue to let your DDJ gather dust with "hindrance" as your excuse.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

Various key systems are being used across the Dj software board. Traktor has its own and doesn't even offer the related key feature. 

For producers having these keys in this format is interesting. 

I agree Pioneer can offer should to make it easier but it should not be a make or break deal. As DJs more is expected from us. 

Ves 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Very helpful as a mod on a forum, try to flame your way out an obvious problem, makes me wonder if you have ever mixed anything yourself to be honest, I have a few hard dab sets that are over an hour long can you say the say the same, I always thought forums with feature suggestions were meant to improve the product not insult your customers, gonna be fun when I paste this lot to your Facebook page.

Blank_Disk 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

> We're all waiting for the day when an easier-to-use system is adopted, but those cost money

This is imho very unfortunate wording....This almost sounds like if you telling people who purchased hw and sw from your company that the the company is greedy and doesn't bother. If someone knows that something costs money, then its the customers....

Alright then, if pioneer is not making enough to get some silly licensing agreement to present the notation in camelot, then maybe you should allow us to define our own key notation mask in the configuration, to get around any licensing issue.... 

Marek 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Not sure why this always comes up, but for me the simplest solution is to have both Camelot and Major/Minor showing in RB.  That way I can use RB key suggestions and the Stoplight and easily see the Corresponding Camelot keys right next to the RB Major/Minor Keys. 

The way I do it is I populate an unused ID3 Tag that RB also uses such as "Original Artist", and add my Camelot key to that.  I then arrange my display so I show the "Original Artist" Tag next to the RB Key Tag.  Voila I can see both now!.

If you don't like the way the keys are generated by RB a good work-around is to use Mixed In Key.  That will generate Camelot Keys in the Key Tag (RB can't use these) but then you can use a tagger like MP3Tag to block convert Camelot Keys to Major/Minor Keys and populate the "Key" Tag with Major/Minor, and the Original Artist tag with Camelot.  

Works great and doesn't take long to do.  Again if your lazy then this isn't for you, but if you wanted a tip how to have both, this will solve your problems!!

CRSounds 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Andy > Wonder if I've ever mixed anything? Adorable. You know the modern Camelot wheel everyone shares?

Want to know who made that? That was me.

For all others, it's a matter of licensing, and not violating the use of patented notation systems. We understand everyone likes the Camelot system due to its simplistic approach and easy-to-memorize notation, however we have not been able to arrange licensing for its use.

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

so you got credits but flame people for asking for this feature, you may understand all the flats, sharps and 5ths, they mean nothing to me, I don't read music or play a keyboard or guitar, I never learned any of those instruments due to terrible coordination, so I took up learning to dj as at least I can mess with music in some form, I mean your the professional, I gather you went to college for music, I never did.

Blank_Disk 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Finally 5.4.3 has camelot keys. Well done!

pedro estrela 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse How can I get in touch with you? I'd rather discuss something with you privately.

Bas Curtiz 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink