Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Database management “Move Database” not highlighted

In the advanced tab under the preferences the “move database” button is not highlighted

Patrick Feeney 回答済み

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

Because you don't have a supported device connected, the "move" function is disabled.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Weird. Is their certain HD’s that rekordbox is not compatible with? I wonder what makes this hard drive non compatible.

Patrick Feeney 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Patrick > No; but the drive may be formatted NFTS or exFAT, which is not supported (especially on Mac).

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the help! Was pulling hairs trying to figure out what I was doing wrong! All your YouTube tutorials are very helpful. So at this point do I have to get a new Drive that’s fits the formatting?

Patrick Feeney 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Just saw your thread about western digital passports. Are they obsolete with rekordbox?

Patrick Feeney 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think I found the information I need! Thanks again!

Patrick Feeney 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Just to answer questions so others don't get lost...

No, WD Passport drives are not obsolete, and they are compatible with rekordbox; where we've experienced issues is the amount of power they draw when connected to a CDJ or XDJ unit, and sometimes do not start / are not recognized by the player. As such we don't recommend them for use directly with the players, however they would work fine for use with rekordbox when directly connected to your computer.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I am experiencing a similar issue. I am trying to move my database to an external Glyph drive but the "move database" and drive selections are greyed out. It sees the drive in rekordbox's browser. In fact my music for the library is on the Glyph drive but I can't figure out why it won't let me use it for the database. I have connected other external drives and it seem to allow me to use those. 

Josh Max 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Possible that the drive needs to be a certain format (FAT32) try reformatting via disk utility. Make sure everything is backed up!

Patrick Feeney 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Josh > If the drive isn't formatted FAT32 or HFS+, then it won't be available.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

But it is. Its formatted "Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Same thing right?

Josh Max 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Nah it won’t work. And if you plan on backing up your computer via time machine fat32 and hfs+ will not work as well

Patrick Feeney 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink