Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

Beatgrid Question

Hi, I have tracks that have the first beat of the bar change in the song. For example a transition of the song. Is there a way to have multiple first beat of bars in a single track without rekordbox having to speed up or slow down the song to change when mixing other tracks?

lee farah 回答済み

正式なコメント

Not exactly clear on the issue, but this video describes how to adjust a beatgrid through a song.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

7件のコメント

Here is an example to illustrate my question. The first track on the top has a transition where the first beat aka the red line marker changes. When you mix the track it speeds/slows down the second track to keep up with the change in beatgrid. I want to be able to just change the first beat marker for the transition of the first track but I don't want the track to cause tracks that are mixed with it to slow down or speed up.

lee farah 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

In that case, disable the sync during that period.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I know exactly what your talking about. Alot of times, a drum fill or some type of break can shift the PHASE of the beat grid too, and it would shift the phase of the bar by 1 to 3 beats! Then the rest of the song is shifted, but the beat grid can't reflect the change, so the phase is off for the rest of the way. 
I'm pretty sure rekordbox used to let us manually place the one-beat liberally to the point where you can even have multiple red one-beats consecutively!

qO_ol 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I understand what you're asking -- a portion of the song isn't quite 4 beats, but unfortunately there is no DJ software out there (that I am aware of) that currently accommodates for this change, nor any that allows for a non-4/4 signature.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So I have come up with a workaround for old school tracks where the first beat in a measure changes, allowing you to readjust it correctly in the middle of a track. It requires that you export your data to the Rekordbox.xml file which contains the beatgrid information.  Each Track has a Beatgrid, and if the track has many tempo changes within it, the beatgrid will have several <TEMPO> Tags.  These tags are where the beat changes occur as do the markers for the "1" beat.  By adjusting at the location of the new "1" and recalculating the beats and measure that follow, you can readjust tracks accordingly.  I'm a perfectionist and like the tools I have to perform so I do this to help me use RBDJ to the fullest.

The format looks like this (for a track with a ~117BPM tempo with the one at "0.520"):

<TEMPO Battito="1" Metro="4/4" Bpm="117.07" Inizio="0.520"/>
<TEMPO Battito="1" Metro="4/4" Bpm="116.50" Inizio="6.670"/>
<TEMPO Battito="1" Metro="4/4" Bpm="117.07" Inizio="8.730"/>
<TEMPO Battito="1" Metro="4/4" Bpm="116.50" Inizio="16.930"/>
<TEMPO Battito="1" Metro="4/4" Bpm="117.07" Inizio="18.990"/>
<TEMPO Battito="1" Metro="4/4" Bpm="116.50" Inizio="29.240"/>
<TEMPO Battito="1" Metro="4/4" Bpm="117.07" Inizio="31.300"/>
<TEMPO Battito="1" Metro="4/4" Bpm="116.50" Inizio="43.600"/>
<TEMPO Battito="1" Metro="4/4" Bpm="117.07" Inizio="45.660"/>
<POSITION_MARK Name="" Num="-1" Start="0.520" Type="0"/>

There is a document describing the rekordbox.xml (Pioneer posted it at one time but I'm not sure where it is now) called "xml_format_list.pdf".  Anyway changing any of the tempo tags in the middle where the new "1" will be and recalculating the measures from there (using a text editor to modify the file) allows you to fix the problem.  Then simply reimport just the file you changed from the Rekordbox.xml...

If truly interested let me know and i'll walk you through the steps.

CRSounds 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink