Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Bit perfect and audio engine comparison tests

Hi,

New audio engine tests :

(with new https://deltaw.org/, software that compare 2 wav with auto sample alignement)

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/beta-test-deltawave-null-comparison-software.6633/

Original file : 60s - 16/44.1 (Auto alignement Windows : 30s of 60 s)

OSX :

Core Audio OSX shared mode or exclusive : 100% BIT PERFECT
Audio HI JACK : BIT PERFECT in 32 bits or 16 bits recording (https://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/)
Loopback virtual cable : BIT PERFECT (https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/)

System player audio : 100% Bit perfect
Virtual DJ 8.3 OSX (Without effect - gain 0dB - autogain off) + AUDIO HI JACK recording :
BIT PERFECT no clock  jitter

Virtual DJ 8.3 OSX (Without effect - gain 0dB - autogain off) + Loopback virtualcable + Audacity :
BIT PERFECT no jitter / with Audacity 32/24 bits recording of 16bits original file.

Rekordbox 5.4.3 OSX internal recording :No BIT perfect / Clock jitter problem/ phase- problem/volume change problem

Rekordbox 5.4.3 OSX (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) + AUDIO HI JACK recording or Loopback virtualcable + Audacity :
No BIT perfect / Clock jitter problem/ phase- problem/volume change problem

Serato lite OSX (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) + AUDIO HI JACK recording or Loopback virtualcable + Audacity :

Traktor 3.1 OSX (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) + AUDIO HI JACK recording or Loopback virtualcable + Audacity :
No BIT perfect / Clock jitter problem/ phase problem/volume change problem

Engine 1.2.3 OSX (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) + AUDIO HI JACK recording or Loopback virtualcable + Audacity :
No BIT perfect / phase problem/volume change problem - clock ok

DJAY PRO 2 OSX (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) + AUDIO HI JACK recording or Loopback virtualcable + Audacity :
No BIT perfect / phase problem/volume change problem -

WIN 10 : 

WIN10 : 99.8% BIT PERFECT with shared mode Wasapi
Voicemeter Virtual ASIO or Wasapi : 99% BIT PERFECT with Voicemeter Banana recording in 32/24 bits of a 16 bits Files. The 16 bits recording isn't bit perfect
(https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm)

"Windows Wasapi loopback" with audacity : not perfect - gain and phase problems (The windows Wasapi loopback isn't BIT perfect)

Foobar WIN10 (Without effect - gain 0dB - no replay gain ) + Voicemeter Bana recording virtual ASIO : 99.8 BIT PERFECT no jitter

Virtual DJ 8.3 WIN10 (Without effect - gain 0dB - autogain off) + Voicemeter Bana recording virtual ASIO : 99.8 BIT PERFECT no jitter
Virtual DJ 8.3 WIN10 (Without effect - gain 0dB - autogain off) + Voicemeter virtual asio or Virtual Wasapi + Audacity recording 32/24 bits:
99.8% BIT PERFECT no jitter / with Audacity 32/24 bits recording of 16bits original file.

Rekordbox 5.4.3 WIN10 internal recording :

Rekordbox 5.4.3 Win 10 (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) internal recording at any levels or with Voicemeter virtual asio or Virtual Wasapi + Audacity recording 32/24 bits :

Serato lite Win 10 (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) internal recording at any levels or with Voicemeter virtual asio or Virtual Wasapi + Audacity recording 32/24 bits :

Traktor 3.1 Win 10 (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) internal recording at any levels or with Voicemeter virtual asio or Virtual Wasapi + Audacity recording 32/24 bits :

Engine 1.2.2 Win 10 (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) i with Voicemeter virtual asio or Virtual Wasapi + Audacity recording 32/24 bits :
No BIT perfect / phase problem/volume change problem - clock ok

DJAY PRO WIN10 (Without effect - gain 0 dB - autogain off) Voicemeter virtual asio or Virtual Wasapi + Audacity recording 32/24 bits :
No BIT perfect / phase problem/volume change problem

Olivier Frappier

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

9件のコメント

thx for those investigations :-)

seems that there is much space for improvement on nearly every dj Software. 

did you also compare/benchmark ableton?

Daniel Ventura 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Daniel,

" did you also compare/benchmark ableton? "

ABLETON TRIAL WIN 10 with HIQ/FADE disabled : 90% bit perfect and PHASE and Clock perfect.

Good as VDJ 8.3

:)

Olivier Frappier 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Olivier > While I appreciate your technical interest in the subject, can I ask to what end you're performing these tests and reporting the results?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

i think such investigations are very helpful for interested people and it shows that it's possible to build audio engines the right way.

Don't know if pio/native/serato/whatever engineers do such testing scenarios and benchmark their software in These specific (and audiophile important) Points against competitors.

Big thx for your Tests Olivier, maybe you could release those results on a popular dj blog (dj techtools etc.)? 

Daniel Ventura 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse @Pioneer Team

Hello,

It's a constructive and nice goal, that's why I list all the best known software on the market.

The Rekordbox sound engine looks like Juced (Hercules) 
or Mixvibes,...and seems to be based on Juce. It should not be difficult for your engineers to solve the problem
of jitter, phase, and volume of the audio engine. There are ideas
to take in VIrtual DJ 8.3. It's normal your software is young, but for me the sound of the
audio engine is the most important before any addition of new
Features/options I opened a ticket also on this problem of sound. I see with satisfaction that my trick on crunching sounds with the
turboboost has been taken over by Keiko officially
on your FAQ pages. I am at the disposal of your engineers. Pulse thanks for this constructive reaction and do not be offended
by these objective comparisons with : OSX and WIN10 and several other DJ software.

I will use Rekordbox as my main DJ software, as soon
the audio engine/phase is more stable and without clock drift

And when it will be fixed, il will post new results for Rekordbox
:)

Rekordbox has a lot of potential, and he's young.
FRIENDESHIPS
Regards,

Olivier

Olivier Frappier 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

whats the trick with "crunching sounds with the turboboost " ? 

Daniel Ventura 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Olivier > No animosity - we're all in the same boat here; a love for DJing and desire to have the best quality. I was just curious as to the intention with posting it to the forums. Please note that the engineers don't read through all the posts and the ticket would certainly be a better way of opening that dialogue with them.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink