Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

How do I export my collection to another PC or Mac?

I want to export my entire collection with saved cue points and built playlists from my PC laptop to my iMac. I am not seeing where or how I can do this. In another DJ software I used to use, I could just copy the .collection file from one PC to the next and it would work great. Is this possible with Rekordbox?

Digital DJ 回答済み

正式なコメント

On your current computer: File > Library > Backup Library

Include the music files if you'd like.

On your new computer: File > Library > Restore Library

If you included the music files, pick a location for them to be restored. Boom!

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

Awesome. So if I already have the music on my Mac, all I need to do is backup the library on my PC and restore it on my Mac. Would I still get a BOOM?

Digital DJ 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well, no, and here's why... the folder paths on a Mac are different from that of a PC, so when you backup / restore and take the music with you, rekordbox will build its own folder structure when restoring, thus making it a breeze (if you don't care how/where the music is stored). But if you already have the music there, even if it's in the same "tree" structure, you'll have to run a process to relocate the missing files, because they won't be in the same place rekordbox expects them to be.

You can follow the steps here to do the relocation, but this will work fastest if the tree is the same from old to new. If you have music files in different folders, you may have to repeat the process several times.

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah I figured there was some sort of relocation process involved. I just never done it from a PC to a Mac before. I'm sure I'll be able to get it sorted. in this case I'm keeping all of my music files on an external flash drive for now on my Mac. So it shouldn't be too hard to relocate those files which are all in one folder.

Digital DJ 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well I haven't done that with my laptop. I have two drives on my laptop and my d drive is a 1 TB solid state drive. I guess ultimately I could keep my music plus my library on an external drive and just hop it from computer to computer. But it's always seemed easier to just keep it on my d drive and keep my program on my c drive.

Digital DJ 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'll check into that video today also. Thank you for your help Pulse!

Digital DJ 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I use an external because it's easier to move it from computer to computer -- no need to sync or juggle backup / restore... just the same music and database everywhere I go... but be sure to keep a backup of that just in case!

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey Pulse, just watched the video "How to move a Rekordbox Database" and I'm going to give it a shot now. I have a rather large database and music so it may take awhile. 

I already have all my music copied to both my PC and my iMac, additionally, I have it copied on my 500GB ext SSD. So following your steps in the video at 2:32 into the video you talk about moving the database. Can I simply keep the database on my SSD so if I need to make any changes to the database it'll save directly to the SSD? This way when I switch to another PC or Mac, I have it all there. Basically, I don't "need" to move the database to another PC right?

Digital DJ 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey Pulse, so I have followed the instructions and moved my database to my SSD. I'm having trouble relocating my tracks on my Mac now. It seems like I have to relocate one track at a time. I have about 30K songs on the SSD (I mostly DJ weddings often with no internet connection so I need all my tracks on hand) and they are in various different folders/playlists. Is it possible to relocate my entire collection at once?

Edit: Sorry I just found your video explaining this lol

Digital DJ 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If you don't want to move the database, but rather make a copy, use the File > Library > Backup Library procedure.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah that's what I'm really looking to do

Digital DJ 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink