Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Database problem on 2nd computer

Problem when I connect my ext HD (which is my Master DB) to a second Mac.

IN RB preferences it doesn't give me the option to select the ext HD like it does in the video tutorial. Instead it shows "Macintosh HD" greyed out in the box. So when I click "move database", it wants to move the Master database to either the ext. HD or the internal Macintosh which would be redundant.

Please advise.

Thank you,

FM

Glass Horse Events 回答済み

正式なコメント

That's likely because the external drive is not a format that rekordbox can address; please ensure it's formatted FAT32 or HFS+.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

12件のコメント

Am I misunderstanding something obvious?

Glass Horse Events 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The hard drive works perfectly on my other laptop. It also had worked fine in the past on both computers so it is not the formatting. Something changed after I updated the second computer to the new version of RB. 

Please help

Glass Horse Events 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I found a difference in the 2 external hard drives. They both work on computer #1, but they don't load up the data on Computer #2. Can you advise me on the formatting so that I can copy the correct one and so that it will work on both Macs?

HD #1

Glass Horse Events 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry, here is the 2nd hard drive info...

Glass Horse Events 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Well I am beginning to think that the problem is that my main computer is on High Sierra , and the 2nd computer is an older Mac on Mojave. Perhaps the older one cannot read the file system HFS+ that was formatted on my Laptop. (?)

Does that sound right?

Glass Horse Events 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Nope... the problem is you have two drives with the same name, and when they were connected at the same time, the mount point for the second one added a space and "1" at the end, making the paths different.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The drives are not the problem. When I attach my ExtHD with the master database on it to my second Mac computer, The computer does not  give me the option to load up the Master database from the HD. It simply doesn't detect the MDB on it, however my other Mac reads it just fine. The versions are the same and both updated and using the same license for RBDJ.

Glass Horse Events 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thank for the reply. Yes, it is connected to the USB and reading but rekordbox goes through the usual "Tag not synced" windows and then the screen above. It worked fine before with the exact same Harddrive and the ONLY variable that changed was the RB UPDATE. After I updated the two computers, only the Sierra laptop functioned as normal. The Mojave desktop won't read the MDB file. I think Im gonna uninstall RB from Comp 2 and reinstall and re update it and try again... I just don't know what else to do. Any tips???????

Glass Horse Events 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Still Cant figure out why Mac #2 cannot read the MDB while Mac 1 can. Here are the contents of my EXT HD. DO you see anything fishy?

Glass Horse Events 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I RESOLVED the problem. It was quite simple actually.

The 2nd Mac was reading the ext HD just fine, but it wasn't showing me any of my collection because I had not IMPORTED the song files to the collection!  I expected that it would show all the files since they all show up on MAC 1 but thats not the case. On MAC 2 everything was blank UNTIL - I used the explorer in RKB, opened the folder where I have my songs and they appeared but needed to be imported.  
Glass Horse Events 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink