Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox & Windows 10 Touch Keyboard

I just got a Surface Pro 6, with the intention of using it with Rekordbox (Performance Mode) and my DDJ-RZ. The reason I want to do this is so I can get away from having a laptop sitting between me and the audience when I DJ.

The problem is that when I'm using it without the physical keyboard attached, the Windows 10 Touch Keyboard doesn't pop up when I tap the Rekordbox search box... which means I cannot search for songs.

I'm assuming this is a Rekordbox issue because the touch keyboard pops up just fine when I tap in a text field in any other program.

cpoynter 回答済み

正式なコメント

rekordbox is not touch-optimized at this time, sorry.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

6件のコメント

Why not? Isn't that kind of standard for apps now? Are there plans to make it touch-optimized?

cpoynter 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Because the intention is for the software to be used with a controller, negating the need to touch the computer for the majority of use... and with most computers, there's still a keyboard attached - any "tablet" style computers without a keyboard aren't typically powerful enough to run rekordbox, so that's not really an issue or consideration.

The engineers are aware of the increase in popularity and commonality of touch screens, but again, as the userbase is primarily using a controller with the software, it's a low-priority. The fact it doesn't recognize the field and call-up the OSK should be addressed, so I've passed that along to the planning team.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Make sense!

Like I said, I use it with my DDJ-RZ, and after playing around this morning I am super excited to ditch the traditional laptop and just have a nice slim & discreet tablet in front of me. The Surface Pro 6 is totally powerful enough to run Rekordbox and the DDJ-RZ.

I don't have any desire for the touchscreen capabilities to work with Rekordbox except the text box thing, which should really be considered a bug. Thanks for passing it along.

cpoynter 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I totally understand, and hope they're able to address this seemingly simple fix.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey @Pulse, just to add an update to this:

I've done a few gigs with my new Surface Pro 6 now, and there's actually another buggy thing that happens with the touch keyboard...

I haven't figured out EXACTLY what I have to touch to make this happen (because it's been in the middle of a gig and I'm not thinking about it), but sometimes I'll "click" something (i.e. touch the screen) in Rekordbox and it will make the touch keyboard pop up when it shouldn't. 

Then, I'll close the touch keyboard (because I don't want it at that point), and following that, anything that I touch in Rekordbox will make the touch keyboard pop up. 

The only solution I've found to making it stop, is to restart Rekordbox, which is not ideal during a wedding reception!

cpoynter 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink