Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Sudden Delay for DVS mid-set

Hi everyone!

I am currently having some trouble diagnosing an issue that I have been dealing with for the past few weeks. This happens consistently for almost all my sets. I will be mid-mix and then, suddenly, my DVS will have a half-second lag to it. 

I am using the DJM-S9 with the latest version of rekordbox on OSX 10.14.15.

When this issue happens, the only way I can resolve it is to full shut-down rekordbox and start the software back up which is a total vibe killer. If I turn the DJM-S9 on and then off Rekordbox will just fully crash when this lag errors is occurring.

Any idea on what could be going on? Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

I have a crash report from OSX that I won't past here because it is really long and pretty cryptic to me.

Brandon Mathis 回答済み

正式なコメント

If you had any other functions running (eg. lighting, or video) which were unneeded, or if you had any track analysis taking place, that could account for it.

As you have a ticket open with our support team, I'm going to close this topic to consolidate the support.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

投稿コメントは受け付けていません。

7件のコメント

Yikes, guess none of the Q&A guys tried DJing with the DVS pack for more than 3 hours to bump into this bug. 

Ves 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

After a little more troubleshooting I find that the delay begins @about 3 hours into the set which is the limit on recording time. Not sure if it related but the delay consistently happen around the 3 hour mark and I do not have recording on.

Other things I have tried to do to fix this problem when it happens:

1. Change track from "Internal" to "Relative" or "Absolute" (delay remains)
  2. Open "Preferences" and slide the Buffer size around (delay remains)
  3. Switch S9 Deck over from Deck 1 to Deck 3 or LINE or USB-B Deck 1 or 2 (delay remains)
  4. Turn S9 off and then on (corrects delay!! but i have to stop the music...)

I am open to trying other things that could correct this behavior live when I am playing a show and it happens. I have also reinstalled Rekordbox and the S9 driver and the error continues to happen.

Brandon Mathis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Would really appreciate a response to this thread. Is the Rekordbox team aware of this issue? Seems like a VERY critical error.

I have confirmed that the errors with the connection between the S9 DVS and rekordbox occur @3 hours into any set I DJ. Subsequently, Rekordbox's recording feature is limited to 3 hours so maybe that is some kind of indicator as to what is going on?

I have recorded a video of my DJ stream on Twitch where this has been happening live on stream very consistently. 

Video of error
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/467311623

Note that I am not touching the mixer or doing anything when the delay starts to occur! It has been quite a while since Rekordbox released an update. Are bugs still being fixed? Is customer support on this forum?

At the moment, I cannot recommend that anyone use Rekordbox outside of very basic bedroom DJing until this issue is resolved. At the very least I would appreciate a suggestion on how to fix this problem. Perhaps it is unique to my configuration?

Brandon Mathis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Maybe I am just a maniac? 😂

Still, I wish there was some form of communication from the Rekordbox team. I have not heard anything from them here, on social media channels OR my communications that I've sent via their contact form. Just radio silence.

Feels like Rekordbox may be suffering from feature-bloat. I constantly see new functionality added to the platform but not much effort in terms of bug fixes. This error seems especially bad because full-on unrecoverable crashes can mean death to a DJs career.

If I was a club DJ I would absolutely have moved off Rekordbox by now!

Brandon Mathis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

We're here, just had a trade show this week so it's been a bit manic.

Did you ever reinstall the DJM-S9 drivers after you upgraded to Mojave? You may want to consider that. Download the driver package, run the included uninstallation file, reboot, reinstall, make sure you bypass the driver security (if needed), reboot, then test again.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the reply!

I did reinstall the driver after this problem originally occurred but I will do it again this afternoon and ensure that the driver security measures have been bypassed properly.

Curtis with the Pioneer DJ team also contacted me this weekend and asked me to run a diag.command file which will help with diagnosing what is causing this problem. I will be doing that too and will continue to post updates in this thread.

Brandon Mathis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink