Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Issue trying to Midi map performance pads.

I'm trying to map my Traktor Z2 and so far everything is going well apart from mapping the performance pads. 

In the "pad" mapping section I can map buttons to toggle the various pad modes eg: hot cue, Pad FX, Beat Loop, Beat Jump etc. 

There is no problem in mapping hot cues by themselves or Pad FX by themselves. The issue arises once you map multiple functions. 

A) You can't map pad one as both "Hotcue1" as well as "PadFX1 Pad1" regardless of the difference in pad mode selection. 

B) Even when a different mode is selected eg: PadFX, and you press Pad 1, it reverts back to hotcue 1 even though the PadFX mode is selected, not the Hotcue mode. 

I used to have a DDJ-RX. I am trying to replicate the same pad functionality as it had just with 4 pads per side rather than 8. I have mapped buttons for "HotcueMode" "PadFX1 Mode" "BeatJumpMode" and "BeatLoopMode" successfully. The only problem is that I can't map the pads to the various functions without overwriting the hot cue/whatever existing map is on the pad already. 

How did the midi functionality of the DDJ-RX get around this? Were the pads midi addresses conditional based on whicheve button (padmode) was toggled on the controller?

It would be nice to be able to map Pads 1,2,3,4...etc by themselves. Then they would act corresponding to whichever Pad Mode is selected!

Any input/workarounds would be appreciated! Thanks

John-Lawrence Fagan 回答済み

正式なコメント

That would be because the DDJ-RX changes the values transmitted by the pads when the PAD MODE button is changed. You may be able to create "shift" buttons using the NI Controller Editor.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

4件のコメント

That makes sense! Thanks for the quick reply. Turning on Shift toggle doesn't solve much as it would both interrupt general shift layer functionality as well as make deleting Hotcues inaccessible at the gain of only a single pad mode layer.

Is there any chance of an update that would let you map pads separately to the modes and just work based on whatever mode tab is selected in the software? 

John-Lawrence Fagan 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Also just another point, are there any mappable functions to change the CFX Modes? I understand that the RX's Pads were conditionally mapped to the toggled pad mode buttons. There are however no midi functions whatsoever referring to the CFX Mode buttons (Filter, Spiral, Noise etc...) 

John-Lawrence Fagan 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Unfortunately the software is designed for Pioneer DJ hardware, and all our hardware works to shift the signal sent from the pad when the mode button is changed, so rather than have it simply check the status of the mode button then take the PAD1 signal, it listens for the PAD1LAYER1 signal to activate the Hot Cue 1 (for example). This would feasibly allow you to combine them in any way you wanted, but as your controller can't do that, you're a bit out of luck.

The CFX mode is also something that does not have a MIDI listener, nor a keyboard shortcut. Our rekordbox team is aware of this and we hope they fix it in a future update.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink