Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Hot Cues Gone with Change of File Locations

Hi there, setting hot cues is kinda time-consuming chores yet important and I would like to set them once and for all (hopefully). I got a question on Rekordbox hot cues:

I have set hot cues in some tracks and I copied these tracks onto different locations in my computer. Then I import these new-copied tracks into Rekordbox and the hot cues are not there. Why is this happening and how can I avoid these in case of importing tracks from backup storage without losing hot cues?

Han Wee Lim 回答済み

正式なコメント

Remove the newly imported duplicates and relocate the missing songs.

Hot cues are stored in the database, not on the song itself.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

5件のコメント

File > Display All Missing Files > Relocate

Erik Minekus 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

What you're doing is introducing the tracks as new tracks to the Rekordbox database. 

In Rekordbox info like cues, loops and beatgrid is written to the Rekordbox database. So following Erik's suggestion re-link the missing tracks referenced in your library to the new location of the track. 

RB doesn't work like Traktor where it will automatically relocate the track.

Ves 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks, guys, for the sharing.

That also means that I will need to re-cue the songs if I reload the tracks from external storage (different location). Hmmmm... that’s a bit tedious when there are thousand of tracks.

Han Wee Lim 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If you use the Relocate function to point Rekordbox to the new file location, you don't need to re-cue your songs. If the folder structure is the same, Rekordbox will find all your files in one go.

Of course none of this is needed if you put the file in the correct location before importing it into Rekordbox.

Erik Minekus 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink