Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Live Streaming problem with DJM900NXS2 - distortion like a bitcrushing sound part way through live mixes

Hi,

I upgraded to the 900nxs2 from the 2000nxs a couple of months ago, I play live on air each week using Butt to the stations servers. Everything was fine on the 2000nxs but since having the 900nxs2 with all firmware's and drivers up to date, I have had awful problems live streaming my sets. I have tried a new ethernet hub, have tried switching from Digital to Line outputs and get the same thing.

It seems to happen about 10 minutes or so into my sets, the live feed gets horribly distorted like a bitcrushing effect, cd jumping sound, it's awful. I have been trying all manner of things to try and sort it. My mixer is only a couple of months old.

It is very embarrassing when playing live on air to have this happen. I thought it may be the internet connection but even wired it does the same thing. Never had this problem with the 2000nxs. I usually use wifi as only 3 metres away from the modem upstairs.

I am wondering if any one else is having this issue live streaming and if there is a fix or firmware update coming to fix this.

Thanks.

Tara

The Witch Doctor

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

Everything sounds fine this end but monitoring the live feed it occurs. For 3 weeks this has been happening, all the other dj's who play live haven't had these issues so it can't be the server. It may be the sound card. Or software issue. I can mix and record sets fine, it only happens on the live Stream :(. Although I did have a problem recording sets in Logic, a similar distortion problem, so I moved to Audacity to record sets. The levels on my mixer are set well within any clipping levels, so can't be that either.

The Witch Doctor 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I am praying this is a software issue as can't be without my equipment due to many commitments djing every week.

The Witch Doctor 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Also have tried both CDJ2000NXS2's and the same thing happens using both decks, I am lost as to the problem :(

The Witch Doctor 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You noted that it sounds fine on the monitoring end and the recordings are fine, so it's more likely that the issue comes from your streaming software. Have you tried adjusting the settings there or using another computer to see if that resolves the problem?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I have yet to try using another computer, I have ordered replacement ethernet cables, can't see these as being the problem though. I have re installed Butt, downloaded and installed all the latest drivers and firmware. Problem is on both A&B outputs. Yes the monitoring end is fine, recording via Audacity is good, recording via Logic is bad. I will try through the imac and see if there is a difference. Thanks for you input :)

The Witch Doctor 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I have changed the setting in the streaming software to 48000Hz and so far so good after a 20 minute test :) 

The Witch Doctor 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

45 minute test and all was good, hopefully solved the issue :)

The Witch Doctor 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah, a conflict in the samplerate could certainly be a problem. Keep us updated!

Pulse -1 票
コメントアクション Permalink