Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Very Strange DVS calibration on Q'bert pick-ups

Hi all

Just got a new set of Ortofon Qbert pick-ups for my Technics 1200 Mk2s and tried to calibrate the DVS. Was expecting to get the 2 green circles to confirm correct calibration but I got flat green lines instead. Auto calibration gave me Errors so I chose to try Manual calibration. I played with moving the sliders around all the way to the left and all the way to the right.This gave me a single diagonal line (left to right or right to left depending on where end the sliders were set)  - it said the calibration completed and I got music playing out of both decks.

This is weird because I had this working yesterday with my old Stanton pick-ups - that is to say I had green circles as expected.

Any ideas guys?

Peamarsh

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

4件のコメント

Hi, 

I see you have mk2s. Have you checked the cables and can you listen to normal Vinyls? Over time the Technics could have some oxidations on the contacts in the tone arm. Unscrew your system an clean them inside with a cotton stick. 

Martin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I can play normal vinyls with no problem whatsoever (when I flip the selector over to phono on the DJM 450) and also, I got very good circle shapes in the calibration earlier this week with the old Stanton pick ups I had on the 1200 Mk2s previously.  It's all gone weird since I changed over to the Ortofon Q'Berts. That's the only thing that's changed since I got it working before. Perhaps there's some incompatibility with them and Rekordbox DVS?

Peamarsh 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I don't think it's the needle itself. A friend of mine had also installed new needles and had problems with the DVS. The contacts in the tonearm were stuck over the years and did not connect 100% to the contacts of the new system. They are spring-loaded and have to move. Did you connect the needles correctly to the system carrier (blue, red, white, green)?

Martin 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks Martin! You were spot on mate!

I removed the Qberts on both decks, got some rubbing alcohol and some cotton buds and cleaned the cartridge contact points in the tone arm. Now I get very nice round circles in the calibration screen as well as nice sounds when in vinyl mode on the 450.

Really appreciate the tip - feels like the investment in the Qberts was worth it after all :)

Thanks again!

Peamarsh 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink