Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

1フォロワー フォローする

Merging Do's And Don'ts!!!?

I have two RB libraries since one was started on my internal HD, and one on an external HD. I've been deejaying a long time and used other software before using Rekordbox, so I maintained my same workflow, which is in iTunes. So, I also have two iTunes libraries. I recently moved the internal HD RB database to the external drive, as well as the internal HD iTunes library. I plan on merging my two iTunes libraries. Will this ruin my settings within RB? I see a lot of conflicting answers. When I open both RB libraries I can see playlists from each one, and can't tell the difference between selecting one or the other. 

Beverly C

ログインしてコメントを残してください。

6件のコメント

So far I've been doing everything slowly and backing up along the way. I merged two itunes libraries without consolidating. If I delete Library 2, of course RB no longer recognizes it, so I quickly recover it. Second, I read another thread here about exporting XML and then importing. But where is the import option? I see File>Import>(Track,Folder,Playlist) only. Since I can see my Playlists working off of one Library File, will this do the trick? Or will I also need to export each playlist from LibraryFile2 and reimport using instructions here? Last, will all of these changes force me to relocate tracks? The relocate function is terrible if you use iTunes. Help is much appreciated!!! I want to make sure I do this the right way and not mess up my organization and cues.  Thanks.

Beverly C 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So I made the move and had to manually sort through thousands of songs. Does anybody have any helpful advice on how they are managing their files? If I want to move my collection and master database to another drive in the future, I don't want to have to repeat this process again. It's such a waste of time. Any advice is really appreciated!!! 

Beverly C 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Ves that's the main article I followed, along with a few others, although I have two databases, and wanted to create one. I've now done that but then had to manually relocate tracks that took far too long, as others on this forum have also complained about for years. Now my question is, should I want to do this again, how do I avoid having to manually relocate songs? The automatically relocate option is not functional for users who also use iTunes. At this point it looks impossible. What should I do, reorganize all of my music collection, removing it from iTunes? There has to be another way. One reason pioneer says the relocate function isn't "perfect" is because people tend to have duplicates of songs. That's a poor excuse, mac's address book can show you duplicate names and offer you the option to merge, or not, so I'm not sure why they can't implement a simple function like this. Secondly, most of the songs that couldn't be relocated weren't duplicates, but followed iTunes folder structures, which seems to be the bigger issue. This is really frustrating.

Beverly C 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I agree many would like to see a better functioning relocate option but if you use Rekordbox as your main music management software there is little use for that. 

My advice to anybody using DJ software is to stop using iTunes and focus on the DJ software of choice. iTunes is seen as the holy grail but it isn't in my opinion. Especially now with third party programs like Rekordbuddy and DJ Conversion Tool.

Ves 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Ves problem is I've been doing this for 12 years and have always used iTunes as mentioned, before using RB. Never had a problem with other DJ software and iTunes integration. So moving hundreds of thousands of songs and reorganizing files and moving out of iTunes would take weeks. I don't want to download another third party program to do something that should be simple. So if you or anyone has advice on how to do it seamlessly and in a time effective way, it'd be appreciated.   

Beverly C 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink