Rekordbox lightning is, in my opinion, a fantastic product. After reading the manual very carefully and some adjustments, I was blown away. This is my simple setup:
- 1 ADJ Dotz Tpar
- 3 ADJ ultrabars
- 4 simple wash movers
- 2 Chauvet Mini Kinta IRC
What I liked:
- Easy control with just the pads. No iPad or extra laptop needed. Saves setup time.
- It seems to better analyse the song now.
- Great build ups
- Channel 3 & 4 working.
- Some fixtures got an update: my ADJ ultrabars can now be divided in 3 zones: bar light 1, 2 and 3. Great! More variation. (Please update the ADJ Dotz TPar too :)
- Some FX-lights are working pretty well now: Chauvet Mini Kinta IRC cannot show it's full potential but as part of a show, it still looks better.
When using this live these are the to do's in priority:
- Fixed scenes for speeches or background music. (I know about the workarounds but I bought this product because I'm lazy...)
- Simple light program available for external devices connected to the controller.
- After the drop lightshow get's very boring sometimes.
- Full fixture support, (gobo control, lasers,...) For example: the brightness knob doesn't support the Mini Kinta. No variation in motor speed? ADJ Dotz Tpar (COB lightning system with four pars) acts as one par etc...
- Find a new job for the light jockey
Tip: if you do not have enough lights use a par light as a bar light. Otherwise it can get very dark.
I do understand that full fixture support is a daunting task. Can we help? To be a great leader, you have to learn how to delegate well.