Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Tricky switch between Windows/Mac old iTunes/new Music app and NAS storage of music

I use a combination of a NAS drive for my music file storage, iTunes to create playlists (lots of them and I depend on them for my gigs). I'm switching to a Mac and I want to transition everything over including analysis and queue points I have created in rekordbox.

Here's my setup:

OLD Laptop OS: Windows 10

NEW Laptop OS: macOS 10.15.1 

Rekordbox queues and analysis files: OLD Laptop C drive 

iTunes Library.xml > OLD Laptop C drive

iTunes Library music files stored on network NAS Storage drive (Mapped to N: drive)

---

After watching the Pulse video on switching over, I'm still confused.

I have backed up the library on the OLD Laptop in rekordbox by going to File>Library>Backup Library to an external hard drive.

After that, when I go to File>Preferences>Advanced>Database Management>Select a Drive>Move Database> External Drive, it does its thing. 

I go to NEW Laptop>rekordbox and it loads but it loses the queue pointsand analysis files AND I no longer can play the music playlist under iTunes on the NEW Laptop. Remember my music data is stored on a NAS Storage file.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? 

RD A

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

5件のコメント

Okay, go back a step... you created a backup on the OLD computer, take that backup to the new computer and RESTORE it; don't fiddle around with the database move procedure.

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@pulse thanks for the reply.

I restored it back on the OLD Laptop and everything was working as normal; iTunes playlists, que's, analyized data etc. 

Now I went to the NEW Laptop with the latest Music app, and I restored the backup file in rekordbox.

Problem 1:

Playlists under iTunes are all up to date (I exported iTunes library as an XML).

However, music files under each playlist cannot locate the music file. I suspect this is because of the mapped NAS drive that reads N:/ in Windows 10. However, in macOS, I believe it's something like smb://DiskStation/iTunes/Music

Problem 2:

I suspect since the music files cannot be located under N:/ which would make sense why, that rekordbox after restoring the library cannot link the que points, analysis etc to those music files so it shows a blank bar. What do you think? One solution I thought about was edit the .xml file where iTunes is pointing to under rekordbox Preferences>Advanced to something from <string>file://localhost/N:/</string> to <string>smb://Diskstation/iTunes>Music/</string>

RD A 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

does anyone have any experience with this? i'd appreciate it.

RD A 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You need to create a symlink for the NAS so the macOS shows it as a local path instead of a network location.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink