Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox: Error when opening "Pioneer DJM-900nexus ASIO"

Hi There,

A friend of mine asked me to help him installing RB on his new laptop, and during this I found a strange ASIO driver issue which I can't solve:

Fresh out of the box 2020 Lenovo laptop with Pentium Gold CPU, 8GB, and 256GB SSD. Runs on Windows 10 Home Edition, with all the latest updates done. And Rekordbox full version with license key. 

After installing RB on to the laptop, I connected a Nexus setup (2x CDJ-2000NXS + CDJ-900SRT) via USB. Rekordbox gave a pop-up telling that it installed a CDJXJD ASIO driver. Strange, but ok...

In RB Audio settings tab, I saw that on top the Audio was set to Pioneer CDJXDJ ASIO, so I tried to change this in to Pioneer CDJ-900SRT ASIO. And therefore I needed to install the ASIO driver, which I did.

After the driver was downloaded, I unplugged the CDJ-900SRT USB, installed the driver, and reconnected the USB connection of the CDJ-900SRT again. Then I selected in Audio the CDJ-900SRT ASIO, but I got a pop-up:

Error when opening [Pioneer DJM-900SRT ASIO]

I've tried to install the driver again, rebooted the laptop, and for an unknown reason I managed to set the Audio with the Pioneer DJM-900SRT after a few attemps. 

Issue solved I would say. But when this friend of mine went to a studio to do a live radiomix, he connected his laptop via USB on a similar Nexus set but with a DJM-900NXS, and he had no audio on deck 2. Investigation learned that in the Audio settings tab, the Audio was automaticly set to Pioneer CDJXDJ ASIO again.

He selected the Pioneer CDJ-900NXS but instantly the pop-up [Error when opening Pioneer DJM-900nexus ASIO] showed up again. And I don't know how to fix this...

Back home he uses a simple DDJ-RB for pre-selection and testing his music. Installing this driver within RB, and working with this controller in RB works flawless.

Why is the CDJXDJ ASIO driver installed? He never touched such player...

What are the most common made mistakes, or issues causing this ASIO error?

What is the best work around to fix this issue?

Theo 回答済み

正式なコメント

@Theo > Was it rekordbox prompting to install the CDJ/XDJ driver? If so, that's fine - rekordbox contains all the necessary drivers for hardware to connect without needing to go searching the internet for it. The SRT driver would possibly also have been installed automatically, but if you did it manually, that's fine too.

The DJM-900NXS requires a different driver than the DJM-900SRT, and if he installed the drivers without disconnecting the hardware, it would possibly have presented the ASIO error. Best fix is to uninstall the drivers, reboot, then reinstall without the hardware connected

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

Hi Pulse,

Thanks for the prompt reply, and extra information.

Indeed it was RB which gave an instant pop-up "Installing CDJXDJ ASIO driver" when connecting the Nexus set with DJM-900SRT via USB. I can't explain why RB would choose this driver when this Nexus set was connected, but ok.

Because I couldn't select the DJM-900SRT ASIO driver in the Audio settings tab, I needed to install this manually. And I did this the way the pop-up advised. Download driver - disconnect mixer - install driver - reconnect mixer. But, unfortunately RB gave the pop-up "Error when opening Pioneer DJM-900SRT ASIO" after all. Due to some repeating attempts, and a reboot of the laptop, I can't really say what did the trick. But after this RB worked flawless with the DJM-900SRT mixer, and I could set all the audio routings.

Your suggestion about installing the driver when the laptop was connected on to the mixer might be right. Although I find it strange that RB did not automatically install the Pioneer DJM-900nexus ADIO driver when the laptop was connected... Might this be caused by the fact that he connected his laptop on to the DJM-900 when RB was already running? In my opinion it's best to start RB after it's connected on to a running Nexus set. Is this correct?

I was told that studio people managed to install the Pioneer CDJ-900nexus ASIO driver, but did not have time to do all the audio routings before he went live. So he selected and used the CDJXDJ ASIO driver in the Audio tab of the settings, which for some reason worked out so far.

I will look at his laptop with RB CDJ-900nexus audio settings soon, and set all the audio routings too. This friend of mine is politely said an 'end-user', and doesn't know to much about deeper software settings. (LoL) And in this case I needed to help him remotely, because I was not there in the studio, what gives that extra limitation. Next to the fact that I'm an Apple user, never experiencing any driver issues, and what makes you need to think in between the different OSX and Win10 software settings.

Two small questions left:

When you've installed the different DJM-900SRT, DJM-900nexus, and DDJ-RD ASIO drivers, and also did the different audio routings for every ASIO driver, will RB remember those, and choose the right ASIO driver plus audio routings when connecting on to the different hardware?

How should I properly remove/uninstall ASIO drivers, when this would be needed?

Ps. I'll keep you (and the topic followers) posted about the final results.

Theo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Back with the results:

The correct DJM-900NXS ASIO driver was installed, and I manged to do all the audio routings in the Settings tab of RB. The problem was indeed hot swapping USB in combination with wrong ASIO driver. All works flawless now.

One strange thing left: I did the audio routings for Recording in RB, so that all faders no. 1-4 will be recorded. By selecting the Master REC option in the pull down menu for each channel 1-4.

And indeed, RB records perfect, but next to the Record option in RB, the pull down menu is set to Channel 1. And you can only select Channel 1-4, and not Master. Why is this?

Theo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

It shouldn't be REC for each of those outputs if you want to record discrete audio for each channel; it should be POST FADER. The problem there is there are only 4 pairs out so you can't send channels and the mix. If you want to record the mix, as heard on the master, select the REC OUT for at least one of the outputs.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse, the audio routing settings will be changed in to the correct settings. But one additional issue in this story, which came up last time:

Friend of mine was DJ-ing in a studio on a Nexus set with DJM-900NXS and the DJM-900Nexus ASIO Driver installed, all worked flawless. But then, after about 50 minutes Dj-ing, RB crashed, and came again with the pop-up to install the CDJXDJ Asio driver.

Why is RB still aksing for a CDJXDJ driver when never any XDJ product was or is attached? He is using the Nexus set in HID + RB Preformance mode, with new but cheap non-powered USB hub and USB cables. Does the HID mode has to do anything with the returning pop-up request to install the CDJXDJ Asio driver, and can the USB hub and cables have any influence on making RB to crash?

Oh, and why does RB switch to Spanisch (or Italian?) in the pop-up language, to install the CDJXDJ Asio driver..? RB it self is set to Dutch language.

Theo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Even if you're only using the DJM for audio output, if rekordbox detects that there is a CDJ or XDJ connected but doesn't find the driver is installed, it will prompt for that.

Yes, a cheap hub or USB cable which faults out and causes a disconnect may be the source of the problem. Try connecting the device directly without the hub and a known-good cable to troubleshoot.

The language selection is set within the rekordbox preferences:

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse,

To check with my own NXS set, are the following settings correct?

And the audio routings like you explained, as in the pictures.

I selected Deck4 / USB 7/8 as Mix(REC OUT), because I thought this would be ok.

I don't actually understand 'how' you choose the right Deck/USB for recording within RB... Can you explain?

Theo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse:

I forgot to mention that RB is set to Dutch native language, but that the ERROR messages are in Spanisch/Italian language afer all.

Last time I found a Windows/Bios error message in a Lenovo laptop and desktop, and both gave this error message in Spanisch/Italian too... I think this is a BIOS issue or someting.

Theo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink