Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

Updated waveforms for 3Band, now extrem problems with scroll performance

As I admitted in the title, after analyzing whole library for the new waveform I've got extrem problems withe the performance while scrolling. It seems, that rekordbox is loading the waveforms in the library too late. It's drawing the preview when i scroll done, then it starting to lag, because of the loading times are longer then i need to scroll. This problem wasn't before anaylsing. Allready tried to start application with dedicated GPU and the same result is going on. On my rb5 installation parallel the the rb6 are no problem. The perfomance of my laptop can't be the reason (CPU i7 and enough RAM + whole installation on a Samsung 960 Pro). Please fix it as quick as possible or give me a tip to resolve it. Right now the program is not usable! Sad for it!

Bjoern Grundmann 回答済み

正式なコメント

Hi Bjoern,

Sorry this post was missed; the answer is we're aware of complaints of slow performance when scrolling through the collection while the preview column is enabled, regardless of the computer CPU / RAM / graphics hardware.

Your patience is appreciated while our team works to improve the responsiveness of the software. In the meantime as a work-around, you can disable the preview column to speed up the library view.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

+1 over here too.  Scroll performance is awful.  Same in playlists with 100 or 1000 songs

thatbigbody 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

What I realized is when the DB is on a traditional HDD the scrolling is very bad with rekordbox 6. On another PC I got the DB is on a SSD drive. Scrolling is pretty much the same as on rekordbox 5 but takes 3 to 4 seconds to draw the waveforms, cues and album art which rekordbox 5 had instantly.
On the machine with a traditional HDD scrolling is a pain....
I got 22500 tracks in my DB. (Intel i5, 8GB RAM)

Do you have it on a SSD or HDD? Even a USB drive might slow it down a lot...

Frank Richter 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), 16GB ram, 1TB SSD.  It's definitely not my machine as Rekordbox 5 was better than fine. It seems to be an issue with when the cue points and art are loaded. 

thatbigbody 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The reason for the problem isn't the drive. Before analyzing tracks for 3band waveforms were a smooth scrolling experience. Between analyzing before and after i didn't any hardware Changes.

Problem is Software sided. This Software would do a good Performance Impossible. Very sad for Pioneer. Pusbing me more to decide a Change to another brand of DJ hard- and software.

A huge brand and  not able to publish a working software.

Bjoern Grundmann 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

no responses of Pioneer? Man, what's going on with you? A small feedback would be nice. Do you allready know the reason for the bad performance? Maybe are you working to fix it?

And something to add: when i deactivate preview i've got a smooth scolling experience! so Fix ur preview and let me use a stable rekordbox!

Bjoern Grundmann 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Why there is still no response? If I deactive waveforms in Explorer there are no Problem with Scrolling around. But to work without waveforms in Explorer can't be the solution! Pioneer u are forcing me to Chance to another Brand if u don't response or fix it! Don't let ur old users alone with there Problems!

Also tested on my gaming rig with Ryzen 7 3700, running all necessery files on a Corsair MP600 (PCI4.0 NVMe SSD)! U can't say it depending on my Hardware! everything else is running perfectly!

Bjoern Grundmann 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink