Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

Intelligent Playlist OR function

I have been asking for the inclusion of an OR feature for intelligent playlist for at least 2 years now. All Pioneer seem to ever want to develop are tools for bullshit cloud integration and SAS. Ahh the devil loves money i guess.

So explain this to me please Pioneer or any other DJ for that matter:

If i am only able to create a maximum of 16 conditions per intelligent playlist and we STILL after 4 years do not have a simple OR feature to allow a sear query such as: Trance OR house OR Tech OR yougetme... how does anyone create any meaningful intelllilists when they have to use the measly 16 search conditions just to filter out music by genre.

Heres an example: You want to filter out all your Progressive Techno. Before you can start even using your MYTAGS you need to filter out all music that isn't techno and the only way u can do that is by creating a new "does not contain" condition for every genre that doesn't encompass prog. tech. If you use the "contain" condition it becomes useless without an OR operator as the string is searched exactly: i.e. you cannot expect to see any results returned for "Tech" if you put in "Tech House". Hence why an OR is needed so you can search for tracks containing Tech OR House.

THIS STILL HASN'T BEEN RESOLVED IN REKORDBOX 6 the all new money-sucking SAS version that will continually suck your bank account dry.

DON'T BE FOOLED you will be promised by Pioneer tech that they will develop such features like they did for V.5, but instead gave their customers the finger and have placed themselves behind a SAS firewall, with no further plans to fix the issues of v.5

Heres a link to my still unresolved search issue 3 years on (that link is a newer link to the original thread posted a year earlier and subsequently removed), not a peep from technical support, only Pulse having to communicate with the whole world the poor guy, sweeping up the crap Pioneer leave behind them.

Thank you Pioneer you're as awesome as COVID19

kolovos 回答済み

正式なコメント

Sorry guys, lots of stuff still on the list.

You say "it's only a day" but in reality, it's not. This is a big machine with lots of moving parts. They don't just say "Oh, let's add that thing" without lots of consideration and planning, which is why it takes time... and in some cases (like this), lots of time.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

If I remember correctly the issues with the intelligent playlists, 128 limit, inferior filtering criteria, that the order gets scrambled on export etc. etc. was brought as early as 2017. Or was it 2015? We have been promised fixes ”soon” throughout the years but as you know nothing, absolutely nothing, has been done to correct the problems.

i have learned to work with what I’ve got because let’s face it, its not in Pioneers interest to fix this. There are ways around all the problems except the 128 limit, let me know and I will help you out!

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey man, YES i'm all ears please enlighten me.

I had a thought that perhaps i could create a daisy chain of intelligent playlists somehow combining more than the 16 conditions but my past attempts resulted in errors.

And as you say, it is not in Pioneer's interest to develop anything that doesn't result in more income. Newcomers to Rekordbox please bare this in mind before spending 4 months like i did converting and tagging your collection!

I honestly used to love pioneer back in the day when i purchased my first 1000mk1's. Now whenever i think of Pioneer i think of them as i do the banks.

kolovos 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

As an export to USB DJ I have nothing to complain about. Since version 3 of Rekordbox it has been pretty stable and the CDJ 2000’s since NXS 1 has eveything I need. If you carry good sticks you will have a 100% stable DJ experience and with proper preparation in Rekordbox it’s just awesome.

Now on the the Intelligent playlists, your problem is quite tricky to solve. If I understand it correctly you want to create an OR statement within and AND statement. Since you cant choose ”in playlist” as a criteria, you would normally solve it with a playlist containing the OR statement, I suggest you try using a tag field that is not critical for you. For example composer or comments. There you can store information to help you out, more precisely a variable that you read with a ”contains” statement. Then combine it with the genre query and you can get som exotic sorting going.

It will take som time to get it right but is possible if you get your ccustom tags right. Also try to think if you can express the query in another way not contain a local OR.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You could use the Track Filter screen,  it's not ideal but does give you an "OR' option to use with the Genre tag. 

If you like the results the Track Filter gives you can drag them into a playlist you've already created. It's not very 'intelligent' but sounds like it might save you a lot of headaches. You can use the Track Filter screen in combination with an intelligent playlist and it becomes quite powerful.

Infinite 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey infinite... not sure how to use Track Filter... can you elaborate? You mean just search for a track name? If so, i don't understand how that could work.

Later on tonight i will take screenshots to better illustrate the issue i have as i'm pretty sure its not being understood... i mean THM's reply above is close to the mark but i have tried in the past to use an interim tag in the Composer field as he suggests without much luck. Can't remember specifically now what the problem i ran into was as its been years but will try and replicate.

For anyone following this I will again highlight the simplicity of programming an OR feature as i suggest... i am software developer myself and the time it would have taken to likely incorporate teh feature would at most, be no more than a day (more likely a few hours) yet after 4 years and a list of people requesting the same feature -just search for intelligent playlists and see how many threads there are, they just can't commit the resources. Useless.

kolovos 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Here's a screenshot of Track Filter but now that I've tried it I don't think it will do what you need as it's based of the Genre in 'My Tag' rather than the main Genre tag in the mp3/collection.

Infinite 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If the issues with the intelligent playlists ever was on the ”to do” list for Pioneer, it’s not, to say the least, high priority. I did a quick search and as long back as 2015 we were promised that fixes are coming ”soon”. Over five years later and nothing, absolutely nothing, has been done to overhaul what in my view is one of the essential functions for professional DJ’s. And with the release of Rekordbox 6 and quite a lot of new issues, including wiping all intelligent playlists clean (according to a few threads on the forum), to be realistic, there is no way that this is ever going to be adressed.

My advice to anyone using the Intelligent Playlists is to learn to live with the limitations and bugs. There are ways around most of the problems and for me the Intelligent Playlists are an essential tool for creative DJ-sets. But it’s very sad that Pioneer is not addressing well known bugs and limitations since half a decade before new and shiny features are being added to the software. Pulse, don’t get me wrong, you have been trying to help us out throughout the years and have handled a lot of frustration regarding the Intelligent Playlists, but at this point even you must have realized that this is never going to be fixed. Pioneer I dare you - prove me wrong!

The Henrik Maneuver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink