Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Jogwheel "Resolution" in Non-Vinyl Mode?

I have a DDJ-800 (moved from a primitive Numark Omni Control).  I find I can't get used to vinyl mode and it tends to lead to accidents if I were to accidentally touch the jogwheels' top platter, so I disable vinyl mode such that the wheels' behavior acts like what I'm accustomed to in my previous controller.

The problem is, however, that I find the pitch bend "resolution" a bit low in the sense that it takes far too many rotations of the jogwheels to beatmatch if my tracks' grids aren't close together, so I'm wondering if it's possible to adjust how harshly I'm able to slow or speed up tracks this way.

Is there a way to do this through Rekordbox's interface?  XML hacking?  Anything?

Also, is there any indication either in Rekordbox or on the 800 showing what jogwheel mode I'm currently in?  I don't notice anything offhand.  It would be nice to know.

Flashback

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

4件のコメント

Hi - I have DDJ-800 as well (good choice by the way) to turn vinyl mode on/off use SHIFT and SLIP (you will see it marked as VINYL under the SLIP button) in rekordbox box there is a blue circle display wheels - shown below. left deck has vinyl mode on / right deck has vinyl mode off. hope this helps.

ShuddaRunThat 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

on your other matter, there is a JOG rotation setting (33rpm / 45rpm) that may help but I have never changed it. 

ShuddaRunThat 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The blue indicator is what I was after, thanks. The 33/45 setting however isn't fast enough for me -- twice as fast would be great if it were possible.

Someone else suggested utilizing beatjumps to get my beat matches closer before using the jogwheel.  Problem with that approach is that it introduces small skips into my mix.

Flashback 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If you have the beat grid set properly, hitting the SYNC button twice will snap it to the grid then disable the sync enforcement.

Unfortunately there is no adjustment to tweak the sensitivity or responsiveness of the jog. Sorry!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink