Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox cannot create the analysis file in the folder you specified in preferences

I recently got a new Mac and transferred everything over. I used a new User name, so Rekordbox can no longer locate all of my files.

I tried to set the Autorelocate folder to my iTunes media folder (where all of the song files are), but it does not work. It run's for a split second but then stops and changes the file location chain to something random.

Slippin Jimmy 回答済み

正式なコメント

Yeah, the problem is that your username in the preferences file is causing rekordbox to try and use a location that doesn't exist. Try the following:

First things first, close rekordbox.

Next, you need know what your username is.

Once you have that, open a Finder window and go to the menu Go > Go to Folder... and in that window, copy/paste this:

~/Library/Application Support/Pioneer/rekordbox/

Right-click on the rekordbox3.settings file and select Open with... and select Text Edit.

Before you make any changes, open the Text Edit Preferences and make sure you disable the Smart Quotes, then close the preferences.

Next, use the Find to locate these lines:

<VALUE name="pioneerDirectory"
<VALUE name="masterDbDirectory"
<VALUE name="itunesLibraryFile"
<VALUE name="bridgeImportedLibraryFile"
<VALUE name="SamplerSaveDirectory"
<VALUE name="RecordSaveDirectory"

If they don't exist, that's fine - you should have the top two, at the very least.

In that line, it will have a val and the data for that will be the path to your OLD user's files; you need to update that. For example:

<VALUE name="pioneerDirectory" val="/Users/PulseOLD/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox"/>

would become

<VALUE name="pioneerDirectory" val="/Users/PulseNEW/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox"/>

Once you've made the changes, save the file, then re-open rekordbox. You should be good to go!

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

6件のコメント

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately I do not see a Pioneer folder in my Application Support folder. I checked on my old computer and don't see one there either. I do see Native Instruments, Logic, etc. folders but no Pioneer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Rekordbox 6 and still nothing. I tried searching for the "rekordbox3.settings" file and wasn't able to find that anywhere else either. 

The rest of the instructions make sense but I won't be able to get there until I can locate the Pioneer folder, and in turn, the rekordbox3.settings file. 

Any suggestions?

Slippin Jimmy 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I figured it out. I could not find them in normal Finder, I had to use the Finder Go menu to seek it out. My auto-relocate is working great now, thank you!

Slippin Jimmy 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey there, I gave this method a go but i am still getting the same error.

I have a feeling that it is because when i created the new mac user the new user name has a " " in it. 

Eg: my old user was "cameronscott" my new user according to mac is "cameronscott 1" are there any suggestions on how i could resolve this?

I have also tried "cameronscott%1" & "cameronscott\ 1" both suggestions from some coding friends but no luck yet.

Thanks heaps in advance

Cam MacIver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

All sorted i realised my my go to folder search of "~/Library/Application Support/Pioneer/rekordbox/" took me to a different rekordbox folder and not the rekordbox6 one that i needed.

Cam MacIver 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink