Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

Grid and different bpm

Hi there,

I have several tracks that change tempo during the song. Would it be possible to add a functionality in rekordbox to allow to enter a change of tempo at a precise moment of the song? That would avoid having to reset everything time by time. For the very concrete example, take "don't stop me now" from queen : there is a tempo for the intro and another for the rest of the song... by indicating this information in the grid, we would give a good shot inch to dynamic analysis... And this is a basic functionality in all DAWs that is sorely lacking on rekordbox...

Thanks in advance !

Matthieu Percu 回答済み

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

5件のコメント

Try analyzing the track using Dynamic analysis rather than Normal. There is also a way to change the grid from specific point in the track for the remainder of the song. Many older songs will have the BPM wander as they were not produced with electronic devices, drum machines. Learn how to use your ears to mix and beat matching is not always the best option. Get creative.

DJ Joel 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. However, I apologize but it is not a question of ear and creativity... It is a question of music ! If we consider that the grid is the partition of the dj, it would be the minimum to be able to indicate changes in tempo. I am a professional musician and I have trained as a classical musician. All sheet music software and daw have this functionality, even freeware (garage band, musescore...)! There is a reason... So if Pioneer is a world reference in this sector and even if this basic functionality will probably not be useful for all DJs, it might be a good idea to put it anyway for those who will know how to use it ... As for dynamic analysis and point in the track, I already practice very widely ;-)

Matthieu Percu 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Pulse

Thank you for the link. it's a good start, thank you. The ideal would be to be able to give meeting points to the dynamic analysis, let me explain: tell the software at 1 minute = 170 bpm, at 2 minutes = 92 bpm and from that moment launch a dynamic analysis between these benchmarks

Matthieu Percu 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You could do that through the XML as beatgrid changes are supported through that, so if you use a 3rd party application to provide that measurement and logging, then you could import it to rekordbox all ready to go.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink