Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Rekordbox 5.8.5 not reading my HDD please help !! Catalina OS

Hi guys After reluctantly updating my rekordbox yesterday to 5.8.5 my rekordbox (free version, only export mode) will no longer read my external hard drive with all my music on - disaster

- I am on Catalina and have checked the system preferences that allow access to external volumes (my usb drives work fine).

- My hard drive is formatted to M-DOS FAT32 (There are two partitions, the other isn’t FAT32 but I don’t need that for rekordbox)

- My hard drive shows in the ‘explorer’ tab but not devices. For some reason rekordbox acknowledges my drives but not in the correct area which is useless for exporting.

I have no idea what else to do. If anyone can assist or have any idea why I would be so grateful!!

Thanks.

Mark Sewell

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

5件のコメント

Yeah man a standard USB from a LaCie hard drive. I have no idea what the problem could be

Mark Sewell 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah I have 2 partitions, one is FAT32 and the other isn’t, could that be why? They both show up in explorer but not devices

Also I’ve seen you advise people that the FAT32 part might need to be the ‘first’ partition but I’m not sure how I do that, or even how to tell?

Thanks for helping !

Mark Sewell 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah, that could be it - rekordbox tends to only read the first partition because that's the one the CDJs / XDJs can read.

Open the terminal application and type:

diskutil list

That will spit out a listing of the physical disks, the containers, and the partitions. Find your USB drive and look to the right of the drive names, you'll see disk2s1 (for example); that would indicate it's the 3rd listed drive and the first partition of that drive. If your disk shows multiple partitions on that drive, and the FAT32 partition is not number 1, that would be why it's not showing up.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink