Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

Slow database conversion

Hi Guys, I hope you are all well.

Just a litle feedback here as i am still waiting for my database to convert. (image below)

So i have an excessively large library that i tried to convert on my actual dj machine which is an i9 9900ks with 32gb of ram and gave up multiple times due to not being able to run 5 & 6 side by side and stopped me from using my dj equipment and it looked like it was going to take in excess of a week to do.

So i figured i would export the database and put it on a spare machine upstairs which is an i5 with 4gb of ram doing absolutely nothing else.

so i am patiently waiting now for the database to convert which as sat at 40% for ages and i figure that the visual indicator is stuck,

The point i am trying to make here and i want to be clear that this isnt really very good for me is i have been currently waiting for 3 weeks yes 3 weeks for the database to convert on the spare machine i have located to do the job and it still isn't finished..... and with the visual indicator being stuck @ 40% for probably 2 weeks and the database file has almost doubled in size currently 90gb which was appx 42gb but the tracks are still changing in the "please wait! window

I am not bleeting about price or subscriptions as i have a full array of equipment to unlock everything but merely about performance of the db conversion.

It is absolutely shocking but i welcome your feedback..
looking at the machine i understand it is not majorly powerful and relatively low spec but it isnt even using the cpu to do the work alas the disk is getting hammered!

Please understand and pulse will know me from old that i have been using the software since its release back in 2009 so i am well versed with how it works and a very experienced user.

i would like to add that 5 is as solid as it comes so i hope there is a lot of work going on on the background or there is an alternative db conversion tool available?

Nick Hilton

正式なコメント

Hey Nick,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I missed your post the first time around.

Love the setup, very clean! The angle of the CDJs would kill me tho. ;)

Wow, 245K songs ... that could explain it. I have 52K songs (and even mine is bloated) and it took roughly 24hs to import. I found it was very quick through the first 40% or so, then seemed to slow down, and it could certainly have been due to the tracks it was hitting (many of them have multiple hot cues), or it could have been a memory leak. As you know, there is no way to batch process the import, it's open-it-and-wait (and this was one of my complaints about it) whereas the act of adding the new waveform data can be done at your leisure.

I'll pass this up to our rekordbox engineers as they may want to dig into things a bit further. I'm not sure if they tested the process with a library that large, but you're not the only one out there with that many songs, so it would be worthwhile to have additional details. Look for an email from the system re: the ticket, and thanks again for your patience.

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

11件のコメント

And here i am after 5 weeks with the database still converting!

As well as no response from pioneer lol

Nearly 10k in equipment and not even a hello :D

Nick Hilton 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Cheers Pulse, Just to add i am now 2.5 weeks further from my post (so 5.5 weeks in) and while a track analyses every ~18 seconds the counter is still stuck @ 40%

And i don't envisage it will be done any time soon :)

The problem i have now is my rbx 5 is now 5.5 weeks on and it all needs to be redone again as there is no way to update the db in to 6

if i had 20 hot cues i would be surprised so that's not an element of it.

Ps my db is about 40 gig lol so this will be interesting sending over my database :)

Nick Hilton 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ouch! Yeah, let's get you some help on that in the ticket!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

So after waiting about 7 weeks for the database to convert it eventually finished.
i created a backup of the library and brought it down to my live machine and imported the database only to have a collection and zero playlists.
At this point even after waiting for a response from pioneer (apart from pulse) to get any kind of support here i am still at a loss as to using 6 still isn't an option for me.

Looking at the machine upstairs now the database has converted that has also not picked up any playlists and it is all gone so there goes 7 weeks of my life and wasted time lol

Nick Hilton 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry that it took so long, and I've asked our lead support engineer to investigate, I'm not sure why the ticket has gone unanswered for so long. We'll dig into this one, I promise!

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

In my experience, software that takes exponentially more time when there is a linear increase on the input is a sign that there is massive room for optimization improvement.
Good luck.

pedro estrela 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi Pulse......

Over 2 months and still no response...
Nick Hilton  May 23, 2020 09:49 
Anything going on over here?

Nick Hilton 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Sorry Nick, I've asked the lead rekordbox engineer to investigate.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hi, I have the same problem. Approximately 24000 tracks. And conversion is busy for 75hours and showing 33%... please wait

jan stoffijn 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

If I discard the conversion is the database for rekordbox 5 still working? This is on an external drive.

jan stoffijn 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink