Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

4フォロワー フォローする

XDJ RX3 Freeze Issues

Can anyone please tell me if the freeze situation is an issue when using a laptop, or is it only in stand alone mode? I have a brand new RX3 and I haven't used it for more than a couple of hours at a time so far but have had one freeze already. I have a 5 hour + set coming up and I don't feel confident using my expensive new controller ($4000 New Zealand dollars) after reading of all the disaster stories in this forum.

Buzz B

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

10件のコメント

Hi,

Fortunately I was rehearsing, with a 500gb external seagate ssd drive with about 50gb of .aiff files (exported from Rekordbox) on it.

I had been playing for just over an hour and a half and as I was browsing for a track the menu froze and I couldn’t get it to respond with any of the buttons on top of the screen and had to shutdown and re start with the power button to get control of it again. Incidentally the track that was playing continued to play after the menu froze.
Buzz B 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I had a handful of freeze issues that all went away since the 1.11 firmware and getting the Sandisk Extreme Pro 128 gig, formatted it to MacOsx Journaled HFS+. I still occasionally get some files that cause lag, but never a freeze, so i make a note of those tracks, drop them in my DAW and re-export them, that re-encoding process seems to fix em. I did try a 500gig SSD, but the Sandisk works better, i wish it wasn't so damn tall.

Rexxyboy 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Rex, can you post 1 or 2 of the files causing lag? im curious why they would cause this, you should not have to re-encode your library for the player to be lag free, maybe Pioneer can see why they lag and fix the actual issue

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks Rex. I switched to the very same Sandisk USB and played for a few hours with no issues. Unfortunately I couldn't pin the freeze to a particular track as I failed to take note of the track I was playing when it froze. I also tested with a Kingston Data Traveller 3.0 I had on hand and no issues with that either. Speaking of tall drives, I've just ordered a couple of Kingston DataTraveler Micro 3.1s in 128GB. They're all metal also but a lot shorter. I'm hoping they'll fit under my Decksaver.

Buzz B 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yeah its hard to pin the issue down to specific tracks, and we don't really know if that is the issue.. 

But, today i had my first ever complete system freeze. I converted a bunch of mp3's to 24bit 44100 WAV because i converted a playlist and the files seemed to load faster than my 320k mp3's. Happy with that, i then added all my hot Cues, re-synced, and the third track completely locked up the system, also freezing the level meters! did NOT expect that. Maybe i should try flac? The troubleshooting continues.

Rexxyboy 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

there just seems to be no rhyme or reason in some cases, for example, my friend just texted me about an hour ago, used the RX3 on at least 20 jobs with no freezing and then tonight he was playing a 1 hour premix as background like he normally does, he then hit "Browse" to look for a track and the deck completely locked up where he had to pull the plug, similar to me a month ago, playing a premix to open main room, hit "Search" button and locked up deck. 

I really hope this is fixed soon or I have to dump mine, I can't trust it at all right now on jobs

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

yeah, that's never good to hear, let alone happen at a gig! Not good.

I just played that same folder of fresh wavs again after rebooting the rig and all files played with no issues, i went hard on hot-cue'ing and beat-jumping like mad to push it, all good. Seems WAVS load faster than mp3's, so i'll batch convert more and see if that holds true..

Rexxyboy 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink
Reporting back: Converted a few playlists from MP3 to AIFF. One word: GREAT!
Waveforms load much faster, unit feels more snappy, it's never felt this good.
With mp3's, the milliseconds on the track timer were jerky, skipping numbers, even worse if you had 2 decks playing.
Now the numbers are super smooth. Lossless files all the way from now on for me.
I used NCH Switch to convert the files (works on Mac and Win).
Re-keying and Hot-Cueing all the files was annoying, but all good, first world problems!
Rexxyboy 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

that's good to hear for your testing! may test the same on a few just for fun, lol

hopefully they improve the deck soon, users certainly are not going to convert their entire libraries to AIFF for one console, lol

BriChi 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink