Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

3フォロワー フォローする

V10 Digital connection poor sound

Hi I picked up a brand new V10 today and ordered two 75ohm Digital SPDIF cables. I've wired up fresh out of the box to my NXS2 2000's. The sound quality is really flat. I then wired the RCA cables and switched back to line. Line via standard RCA sounds brighter. Can anyone help? I've changed the output of the cdj from 24bit to 16bit too. 

Richie

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

2件のコメント

I concur with this assessment, the sound is so much warmer/detailed when run through the line dac.    Is the dac colouring the sound i wonder? For now ill be ordering 2 pairs of very high quality rca leads and ditching the digital leads (i ran good quality van damme leads).   What does Pioneer think about this assessment? Its not something i have come across before, my djm2000nxs sounded better/cleaner run through digital input.

Steve Kirk 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Since the V10 can accept 24bit digital inputs, no point in forcing your CDJs to output only 16bit.  The padded extra bits don't harm anything with 16bit tracks.

As for why the V10 might sound better to you one way or another, it's possible you prefer the sound of the CDJ DACs in combination with the V10 ADC compared to the sample rate conversion being done on the V10's SPDIF inputs.

Reticuli 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink