Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

6フォロワー フォローする

Pioneer XDJ-XZ running out of Sync with MT on?

Hey guys!

Yesterday my XDJ-XZ arrived, after being a year without gear. Overall it’s a nice piece of tech and I like the Nexus setup feel that comes with it.

But I noticed that when you beatmatch, the tracks run out of sync VERY quickly. I know that even on tempo range +6, the bpm aren’t gonna be perfect and the beats WILL slip, but I feel like the problem here is worse than on a CDJ setup.

And I am by no means a beginner, I’ve been djing for years now and also playing in clubs & festivals and stuff. I’ve also been using a CDJ-900 Nexus setup at home for years and the problem wasn’t that bad as it feels with the XDJ-XZ now.

I figured out, that the problem is not as bad when playing without master tempo.
Maybe the algorithm behind mt is causing the tracks to slip out of sync?

Am I the only one with this problem or can anyone confirm?

Please help.

Romolo Innocenti

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

10件のコメント

Same issues noticed here. Running the latest firmware 1.10 with the XDJ-XZ

Johnny Dunlop 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The xz has a very aggressive behavier when nudging the platter. But only in usb / export mode, if playing in rb performance mode its fine. In the cdj section is a also a thread about the sensitiv jog in usb mode.

Stefan Linke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Stefan Linke, thanks for the response.

We are not describing the same issue though. Aggressive behavior when nudging the platter is one thing.

What we are describing is that if the BPM of the two tracks playing are set to the same AND once you nudge the two tracks into sync, they start to drift apart much faster than on a traditional CDJ set up. The issue seems to be even worse when master tempo is set to ON.

Thanks.

Johnny Dunlop 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Ok, in will give it a try when im at home.

Stefan Linke 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

As the BPM values are rounded to two decimal place and show only one decimal. 
If you match the BPM only using the Tempo slider without enabling Sync, the two tracks' decimals may not be the same.
This is why the beat positions of the two tracks become different bit by bit gradually. 
If they want to avoid such issues, they need to enable the sync feature. 

tomo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I wonder if there is any hope to get more decimal places displayed on the XDJ XZ. Is this a feature that can be requested somewhere for a future firmware update?

Johnny Dunlop 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Even if it is analyzed, the second decimal place will vary considerably, so I think it is difficult to display it as it is.

tomo 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm so glad that somebody else is having this issue, as I just bought an XDJ-XZ and I was wondering if I was going crazy or if I forgot how to mix. 

If I match the tracks myself they fall out way faster than on my 2000NSX2s and DJM 900NSX in my studio, and if I try to autosync it also 9/10 times sounds quite bad, and the highhats etc don't quite align; this is certainly made worse by trying to run master tempo at the same time.  I've checked all the grids in Rekordbox, and again my main rig as above doesn't have this issue using the exact same tracks/USB.  

I can't understand why Pioneer can't get their ducks in a row when it comes to synch. It's really disappointing that this is the top end controller unit and it has this glaring issue. It really seems to be entirely software related as well.  Are there any fixes on the horizon?  

Joey Grochmal 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Joey To be honest I think they will never address this Issue.
This will most likely be ignored as it is not a "real issue" and doesn't require any action from pioneers side.

It's a shame since this really is a top end unit and overall is a nice piece of gear.

Mine is currently on ebay for sale and will be traded in for another setup as this current way of mixing is not okay for me - especially with a unit in this price range.

Romolo Innocenti 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I’m aware this thread is old. On my XDJ-RX2, whenever « MASTER TEMPO » is on and the current bpm of the track is different than the native bpm, the beats get out of sync. To narrow down the issue, I’ve enabled sync on two tracks with perfect beat grid. Disabling the « MASTER TEMPO » fixes things. Beats and hi hats are snapped.The funny thing is that by using the controller mode (in Rekordbox 6), I’m having the same exact behavior as in standalone mode. And I’m running it on a 2019 MacBook Pro with no other app running in the background and low CPU usage (about 20 %). So, I believe the issue comes from the native Rekordbox itself (on the app and on the hardware) and it could be fixed easily. Just ensure the « MASTER TEMPO » function call is synced real time with the main processing thread.

Pascal Delisle 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink