Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

CDJ3000 audio is distorted when playing small MP3 files

I just received my new CDJ3000's.  I have just upgraded the firmware to version 1.05  I have all my music files exported on to SD and USB drives.  This was done with Rekordbox version 5.8.5  I have my scratch tool samples broken up into individual MP3's.  Each one is about 97kb.  When I play one that just says "YO" the initial sound is ok but there is distortion of the remaining sample.  This seems to happen to all my other small scratch tool sample files.  When I check the files out on my PC they sound ok.  When I use the SD or USB on my CDJ2000NX2's they sound ok.

Do the CDJ3000's require the music to be exported through the latest version of Rekordbox 6.x?

Leo De La Rosa

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

4件のコメント

It is recommended that you format and re-export your music if you're now using rekordbox 6, which is also suggested for CDJ-3000 use.

Please let us know if the problem persists after exporting the music again from rb6.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Yes it does continue to happen.  After opening this ticket I went ahead and downloaded the last version of Rekordbox 6.0.2  I reformatted one of my USB drives and only exported my small samples.  The distortion continues.  In this video link I show how I use the USB with the Rekordbox 6.0.2 exported files on first a CDJ 2000 NX2.  You can hear the sample clearly.  Then I use the same USB and play the same sample on the CDJ 3000.  You can hear the sound cluttery/distorted.  I have tried this with both the Master Tempo on and off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OafeVlK7tfg&list=PLG03ma7YAUMQi6rmiBgAigvI7vMef_XZD

Leo De La Rosa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I have isolated the cause of the distortion to the Auto Cue.  Here are the steps I took to test this. 

First Test:  I turned on the device and turn off or left off the Auto Cue feature.  I loaded the sample track.  No issues.  I was able to play multiple tracks that are small without any issues.

Second Test: I turned on the device and turned on the Auto Cue feature.  I loaded the sample track and heard the distortion.  I loaded multiple tracks that are small and all have similar issues.

Third Test:  I turned on the device and turned on the Auto Cue feature.  I loaded the first sample track "Yo" and heard the Distortion.  I turned off the Auto Cue feature and loaded another sample track "Go" and it sounded fine.  I ran through multiple tracks with the Auto Cue off and had no issues.  When I turned on the Auto Cue I needed to load many other tracks until I could get back to "Go" to hear the distortion again.  Probably because of some memory caching.

If you want me to send you these samples please let me know.  I do like the Auto Cue feature so I would like to be able to leave this on and use all my tracks.

Leo De La Rosa 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hey Leo,

Thanks for the clear video and the additional testing -- I'll escalate this to our product team and try and replicate this on my end as well to see if I can find any other consistencies.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink