Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Phase Meter Confusion

Hello,

I am hoping someone may be able to clarify something for me. Sometimes when I'm djing the phase meter is not lined up but its in time and vice versa.

Is the phase meter based off grid information or is it off the actual waveforms? 

I was djing the other day at a place where the sound in the dj booth was completely horrendus. I was hearing 4 different speakers, all at different distances to the booth so you can imagine what a cluster f*** that was. I was trying to use anything i had to be able to DJ properly and found out then that the phase meters are pretty much 50/50 reliable. (it was too loud in the venue to use headphones only mixing, complete nightmare)

I'm coming from the serato world and there is something called Beat Matching Display that i was able to use seamlessly to get through a gig where I forgot my headphones once so I thought it was the same as that but it isnt

dean curtis

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

2件のコメント

If your beatgrids are accurate, then the phase meter(s) would also be accurate. Please check the grids first.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

OK sure. Its kinda cheeky though how you've called it phase meters to imply that its off the waveform but in actual fact its just the beat grid. Like the lazy way of coding it. I feel like it should be called beat grid meter or something.

I hate to keep bringing up other software but I have been using serato for over 10 years now and their way of doing this thing is a million times better. I never checked a grid in my life in serato, but the pioneer way of doing things requires that grid to be perfect for so many things.

I am enjoying a lot about playing off usbs so i dont wanna sound like a complainer, just saying how it is :-)

dean curtis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink