Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

5フォロワー フォローする

What does "Framework" in iTunes load method mean, and imply for the sync manage?

Hi,

just started to get into RB6, and i was wondering what "Load Method -> Framework (Software)" implies for the integration of the Music App in Catalina (which replaced iTunes).

I imagine the manual XML generation of the iTunes library is not any more needed by this, correct? And any change in the Music App should reflect immediately in RB6 then? I remember that Apple wanted to provide another technique/framework. So you implemented that, right?

A full text search on the latest manual (rekordbox6.3.0_manual_EN.pdf) doesn't give any result/help on it.
It even says the iTunes sync is not available in Catalina, which is pretty much misleading — you should update the manual accordingly.

Also i found this link, but this technique is outdated then, right?
https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/articles/900002387326-How-to-use-Apple-s-Music-app-with-rekordbox

So just to have it clear: It works well on Catalina?

And if i add some new tracks in Music App (ex-iTunes), open RB6 again, and press "Synchronize all iTunes playlists", then the new tracks will get imported to my RB6 collection automatically?

Last question: If i change a rating in iTunes, and hit Sync again, it will reflect in RB6? 

Thanks!

Andre P

正式なコメント

The answer from our engineers:

“Framework (Software)” is a loading function that acquires library information in MusicApp using the following native framework (IT Library) provided by Apple.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/ituneslibrary/itlibrary?language=objc

The library loading function using this IT Library has been implemented since Catalina was supported (5.8.1 ~).

However, it was not displayed in the environment settings, and if the OS was Catalina, it was forcibly read by IT Library.

However, there are some market complaints that rekordbox cannot get the library information of MusicApp correctly due to a bug in IT Library.

As a workaround, from 6.1.1, the environment setting has been changed so that the user can select and set the reading method (IT Library or xml file).

Pulse
コメントアクション Permalink

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

8件のコメント

To answer the other questions, no, the rating is not updated in iTunes (hence the one directional arrow in the Sync Manager).

New tracks added to iTunes will be updated in rekordbox if you sync again.

Pulse 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the answer, Pulse ! Good to know. Maybe this should get added to the manual for everyone else?

And do you know if this bug on Apple's side is still there in Big Sur? I know that Rekordbox is not running yet on it, but you must be busy getting there...

Is Apple aware of it otherwise, and do you have a link where to let them know? The more people complain, maybe the faster they fix it...

Andre P 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello I am really lost since a couple months back with the Rekordbox 5 - Itunes Music link. It is really complicated to export to the usb and even to have your Music Library into Rekordbox without it not finding a huge amount of songs. 

I just changed the option from Itunes Library Xml to Framework (software) and it seems to work well but i'm really worried about the moment i put muy usb into a CDJ player. 

Should I leave it in Framework or what, it is really annoying, I know it is an Apple's trouble but come on... we are going to be back at work soon hopefully and it just gets me really anxious. Thanks 

Enrique Varela 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Framework simply means rekordbox is no longer looking at the iTunes XML file. If you're using the Music app (on a newer OS), then you don't have the XML file unless you've manually exported your library, and the Framework option is preferred.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

The Framework option worked, thanks for replying!!!

Enrique Varela 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Pulse, is this bug still there are fixed in Big Sur (and will get tested in Monterrey) ? You wrote before:
"However, there are some market complaints that rekordbox cannot get the library information of MusicApp correctly due to a bug in IT Library."

So is this still an issue?

From testing both options (Framework vs XML) i can say both seem to work,  but XML reads much faster than the Framework (especially on my old computer, MBP 2012... on the new one, M1pro 2021 14" the Framework is much faster, but still around 2 - 3x slower than XML)

Andre P 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

That bug is long since fixed. The framework is the better option as it doesn't require a manual export of the XML file from the Music app.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink