Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

2フォロワー フォローする

Pro Link Wasn't Working With Switch

Hi,

I'm unsure of where to post this, so just posting here. But if a mod wants to move 🤷‍♂️

I played a gig recently in a club that has a pair of 2000 nxs and I brought my DJS-1000 to hook up and use. I have a switch in the flight case of my DJS so what I normally do when im using this is disconnect the clubs cable between the cdjs and connect them to my switch that is also connected to the djs.

The cdjs did not link and it seemed they didnt see the switch. I gave it about 7 mins. The time it took me to play two songs. Then disconnected and reconnected the clubs link cable between the two players. No time to mess about with that stuff really cos I was only playing for two hours and needed to smash it.

The DJS-1000 is new to me so this is only the second setup I've used it in. Up till then I've been using it with a set of new 3000s in the exact same way and there has been no issues.

Is there something im missing that I could of done to get it to work? Its odd because I know the switch is fine, it worked before and ive used it in the 3000s setup after and its fine. I know the ethernet ports on the 2000s are fine because they link with each other when a cable is directly between them.

Anyone has ideas?

dean curtis

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

3件のコメント

Pulse, any ideas on this? Expensive gear, in critical situations not working is a bad vibe

dean curtis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

You mean I need to set the player numbers correctly each time I try connect like this. I think like 10/10 times I turn up to a club to play the players are linked by one cable between the two and no one has bothered to look if the numbers are set correctly.

And if I'm playing in a line up I normally have the length of one song to get setup. I thought moving from serato would make setting up a breeze but seems that introducing a djs1000 and a switch is gonna make it more complicated. Cos the only way to change the number is disconnect everything, turn off - on go into settings then reconnect right?

dean curtis 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink