Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

投稿

7フォロワー フォローする

CDJ 3000 Firmware 1.08 bug needs fixing ASAP

Hello I just updated my CDJ 3000. Now every time when I load a track and jump to a Hot Cue the Player instantly jumps into an emergency loop where the Hot Cue is placed and says : "Cannot play track. Some player functions are limited".

Before the Update everything ran flawlessly . I suspect this bug has something to do with the new implementation of caching the whole track. But at this point I can't use my Players the way I want/need if I can't load tracks and jump to Hot Cues. This needs fixing ASAP.

Of course I have tried other tracks and other sticks always the same error so it has to be a bug of the update.

Nico Kassel

サインインしてコメントを残してください。

19件のコメント

Hey Nico,

Can you tell me if this happens only with specific files (WAV / FLAC / AIFF)?

Does it only occur when playing from the player hosting the drive, a linked player, or both? If linked, are you using a direct connection or through a switch?

What is the make / model of the USB drive in use, and have you tried using a different brand drive to see if the error persists?

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello @Pulse,

I have only tried it with mp3 files . This happens on the player which is hosting the drive as well on the one accessing via the link function. As said I already tried multiple sticks. Before the update my Sandisk Extreme Pro worked just fine. The error is also reproducible by others since I also posted the topic in the German rekordbox group on Facebook.

To be clear this only happens when I load a track and jump to a hot cue a few seconds after loading. If I wait a bit after the track has loaded it works fine. But this doesn't make it better since I don't know exactly when it is "safe" to use hot cues.

Here is a video of the error:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emkYcozVRZE&feature=youtu.be 

Nico Kassel 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I can confirm the issue (tested with MP3 320kbit/s only). Interestingly this only occur to me on both players and only certain tracks. You have to start directly from a hot cue.

When start the track with the Play/Pause button it works as usual. When using the hot cue afterwards it works as well.

Seem to be only for the very first hot cue start and only if the track wasn't running before.

USB: Sandisk Extreme Pro 3.1 256GB

I will test it with FLAC files and come back.  

Frank Richter 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

My main USB stick is the same that you are using. But of course I have tried others. For me it is happening with every track. I can confirm if I press play first and then jump to a hot cue it works normal, but this is not my style of playing.

I think it has something to do with the new caching of the track. If the Track is not cached in the part where the hot cue is you will get this error. If I load the track and wait a bit before using the hot cues it works fine. Maybe because the track is completly cached by that time? But this is just an assumption.

I hope the engineers at pioneer can reproduce the error and fix it very soon.

In my style of playing I rely heavily on the use of hot cues and at this state I can't confidently use my equipment.

Sadly this wasn't the update I hoped for and it even made the equipment worse to use for me :(

Maybe pioneer can bring out a big update with a fix for this issue and the things people have actually been asking here for months (gated cues, ddj xp support)

Nico Kassel 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

When having a track which has that type of issue and simply wait longer before hitting the hot cue, it work normal for me. That would support the assumption that it has to do with the 'caching' time needed due to the change with the emergency loop.

Load track -> hit hot cue immediately once the hot cue is available -> high chance to have the issue if the time between loading an releasing the hot cue is short.

Load track-> wait between 10 to 15 seconds -> hit hot cue -> high chance it will not have the issue.

This definitely need to be looked at.

My feeling is that the track load time has increased - probably because of the change to the emergency loop function. However it should be possible to trigger the hot cue even before the full caching is completed.

Update:
I just checked it in Export mode with rekordbox via the Link funktion. Same behaviour. I tested FLAC files too.

Frank Richter 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I can confirm what you said about the waiting and then triggering the hot cues. But sometimes this is not an option when I need drop in a track quick.

But since it worked fine before the Update I want it to work like that after the update. This is not a normal behaviour and needs to be fixed.

Is it possible to downgrade the Firmware?

Nico Kassel 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Nico,

did you created a ticket already for it?

@Pulse.
Will you bring it forward or shall we open up a ticket?
Let me know if you need evidence from me as well.

Thanks

Frank Richter 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

When i started this thread I also contacted the support via the normal support contact form for Germany.

Is that the right way?

Nico Kassel 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Thanks for the additional information guys -- I'll pass this to our team for review.

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I think I know what the problem is... passing more info to our team.

One thing I found is that you can actually hit the EXIT button to resume play. Just a bit of a workaround for now. ;)

Pulse 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Please fix it. I just submitted a ticket with details on this issue. Very easy to duplicate

densma 1 票
コメントアクション Permalink

I'm having the same problem. is there a way to roll back the firmware until they sort it out. for the way i play this is making them unusable.

i have also have and source disappear mid set for no reason? 

all was prefect before this update.    

Poyza 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Poyza I can fully understand you since I also heavily rely on hot cues and even with the"workaround" it just disrupts my workflow. But as Pulse said, they identified the error and are working on it. The only thing we can do now is to wait. But be assured I understand your frustration since equipment at that level should work flawless. 

As far as I know a firmware downgrade is not possible. But maybe @Pulse can elaborate on that and maybe give us an update on the progress of fixing the bug. :)

Nico Kassel 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

Hello together since I cant post with my normal Account (Nico) I am doing it with this one.

I just learned, that you CAN downgrade the Firmware to Version 1.05. And poof the bug is gone. You can still find the old Firmware on the Pioneer Site. So have fun using your hot cues again. Officially this should not be possible so proceed with caution when you try to do it. It worked for me and another person but this doesnt mean it wiill work for everyone. 

Cheers.

Nic Bow 2 票
コメントアクション Permalink

My issue is similar. I don't really use the cue points, however, my decks randomly go into the emergency loop whilst playing. There is no pattern to it... I use 1 USB stick plugged into one deck, but it happens on both decks randomly. The USB is formatted FAT32, but have tried in Mac format too. I’ve reanalysed the library in case this was an issue.

@Nico @Nic Bow, can you tell me how you downgraded the firmware? I have looked everywhere and cannot see any instructions on this.

Roy Kelly 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Nic Bow.  Nice one for pointing it out. i just down graded to 1.06 in the same way and now their back to working perfectly!! 👍🏼😀.

Poyza 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink

@Nico worked like a charm - thank you for that. Finger crossed for a fix soon.

Roy Kelly 0 票
コメントアクション Permalink